- In the days of old, five suns burned brightly in the sky. Great fires would sweep through the lands of Pandaria until the day that Zao Sunseeker shot a defiant arrow into the sky, bringing down 4 of the 5 suns.
Zao Sunseeker is pandaren hero from long past history who appears in a story from a scroll in the Scroll Keepers Sanctum of the Temple of the Jade Serpent. According to the story, Pandaria once saw 5 suns in the sky that burned so brightly that they caused great fires throughout the land. That was until the hero Zao shot 4 of the 5 suns out of the sky, thus relieving Pandaria of the fires. The five suns from the story on the scroll come to life and players must battle each, and once all suns are defeated, they each turn into a sha which then infest Zao and players are forced to kill him.
- The and the encounter (supposed to be a random option along with ) was disabled due to bugs around Patch 5.0.5
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Re-enabled.
- Patch 5.0.5 (11 September 2012): Disabled.
- β Patch 5.0.1 (Beta): Added.