Zangarmarsh is a hauntingly beautiful swamp covered with a forest of giant mushrooms. Though largely teeming with life, sections of the swamp have begun to die of late, and the sapient fungi of the region seek help in returning it to life. This zone is located in Outland to the west of Hellfire Peninsula.
Worldofwarcraft.com says the following about the Zangarmarsh:
- Zangarmarsh is a tranquil area that has largely evaded the demonic influence. The marsh's innumerable lakes and pools are clean of any taint, and most native animals and fungi give off soothing phosphorescent light. Only recently has the area's self-contained ecology faltered. Something is causing the water levels to drop. The marsh's giant mushrooms are dying, as are the creatures that rely upon the mushrooms for food.
Not very much is known about the past history of Zangarmarsh as it was not mentioned in Warcraft II. It does not even appear on the map of Draenor. In Rise of the Horde, it is described as the place where Velen and his surviving followers hid after the orcish genocide, where they waited until their raid on the Exodar; it was also where Akama led his own followers in the trailer to Patch 2.1.
- Alliance:From the Temple of Telhamat in Hellfire Peninsula, head south to the main road through the zone. Follow the road west into Zangarmarsh.
- Horde:From Falcon Watch in Hellfire Peninsula, head north to the main road through the zone. Follow the road west into Zangarmarsh.
Zangarmarsh consists of a large expanse of swamp land, bordered by mountains to the north, south, and to some extent the east. A long stretch of coastline forms the western edge of the zone. Giant mushrooms are the characteristic feature of the area, towering above the pools of marsh water like great trees.
Zangarmarsh contains four instances all located in the Coilfang Reservoir, one of which is a 25-man raid. This area has no battlegrounds or micro dungeons, but has a world PvP zone for a graveyard nearest to the Coilfang Reservoir entry.
(Note: as of Feb 03 2008, at least for Alliance the graveyard only works for the Slave Pens instance, as the distance to instance portals is used instead of the distance to the Coilfang entry).
Maps and subregions
|Dungeon Name||Level Range||Group Size||Approximate Run Time|
|Coilfang Reservoir: The Slave Pens||62-64||5-man||1-2 hours|
|Coilfang Reservoir: The Underbog||63-65||5-man||1.5-2.5 hours|
|Coilfang Reservoir: The Steamvault||70+||5-man||2 hours|
|Coilfang Reservoir: Serpentshrine Cavern||70+||25-man||Unknown|
- Twin Spire Ruins: Capture the two beacons of the Twin Spire Ruins World PvP objectives and obtain a flag from the Alliance Field Scout or the Horde Field Scout to capture the graveyard and gain the Twin Spire Blessing buff in the zone for your faction. You can also obtain Mark of Honor Hold or Mark of Thrallmar for PvP killblows in this zone, which can be used at the above vendors.
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Blade's Edge Mountains||65-68||North||Normal|
- Main article: Zangarmarsh NPCs
- Bog Beasts
- Fungal Giants
- Giant Wasps
- Lost Ones
- Mana Wyrms
- Nether Rays
- Spore Bats
- Spore Walkers
Videos of Zangarmarsh