Xandros is a planet which had been devastated by the Burning Legion under the command of a Pit Lord named in the alternate timeline. Players take a portal to this chaotic world (chasing Gul'dan and Teron'gor) during the quest  .
Shortly after arriving at the "Remains of Xandros", and summon <Destroyer of Xandros>, then quickly retreat through another portal. , and the player defeat Mongrethod and step through the portal themselves, leaving Xandros.
- There is no other mention of Xandros in World of Warcraft, besides this short quest. It is assumed by many in the online community that Xandros is merely one of the countless planets which the Burning Legion had presumably destroyed in the prime timeline. However, it is never stated that the planet was destroyed, and that the "Remains of Xandros" is an area located within the elemental plane, or somewhere else.
- Players have noted similarities between the ruins of Xandros and the Firelands/Molten Front areas, but this could simply be a case of Blizzard recycling content.
- Out in the void surrounding the floating fragments of Xandros, there are celestial bodies visible including a sun and a spiral galaxy. This could provide further evidence that these fragments are the remains of a planet.
- Should you find yourself on the edge of allowable spaces and jump off, your location will change as being listed to Tanaan Jungle (off the visible map) and you fall into a bottomless ocean. If you then release your spirit after death by fatigue, you will be taken to the Scuttler's Coast subzone of Tanaan. (This is inadvisable, however, as it makes completing the quest a pain as you have to endure resurrection sickness and a long journey back to the quest giver, if not having to abandon it altogether and redo.)
Patch changes Edit
Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Added.
- ^ http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1493293-Teron-gor-and-a-place-we-ve-never-heard-of-SPOILERS
MMO-Champion forum thread: Teron'gor and a place we've never heard of