|The subject of this article was either removed from World of Warcraft or is no longer available due to the devastating Cataclysm.
- This boss is the old Zul'Gurub raid version. See Wushoolay for the 5-man, level 85, heroic mode dungeon version.
Wushoolay like all the other Edge of Madness bosses is a single-stage fight. This fight is fairly simple for well-geared guilds and requires only a few deviations from the standard tank/heal fight.
- When Wushoolay creates a lightning cloud of death you should move out from under it, as is the case with many lightning clouds of death this one hurts. However your guild manages to do stage 2 of Venoxis should be very similar to the tanking of this fight.
- Keep Wushoolay mana burned.
- Casters need to be spread he has a chain attack that will destroy support if they are all bunched together.
Edit: This can be avoided by tanking him face away from the group as it seems that he only casts in front of him. Though it is very hard to keep him constantly faced away because you walk a lot around with him to avoid the lightning cloud.
- Focus your heals on the Main Tank as Wushoolay hits hard and can easily down a tank in a few hits.
If you are having a lot of trouble with an undergeared tank, I would suggest telling him to put his NR gear on. With 250 NR I noticed that his lightning attacks did minimal damage. However, it is good to keep in mind that the extra melee damage one would take from stat sacrificing NR gear would probably make pure NR gear not such a bad idea.
Edit: NR is a good idea because he seems to carry his personal poison cloud with him as well. If you have no NR, then keep NR totem and Poison Cleansing totem up (for Horde) and let Hunters keep Aspect of the Wild.
Patches and hotfixes
Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Added