|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
Not really by country or players for recent data, but more by characters, language, and region...
Recent character populations Edit
According to RealmPop.com as of December 2018 (numbers are rounded down):
- US realms (including Brazil, Latin America, and Oceanic): 24 million characters
- United States (includes Canada?): 20.9 million characters
- Brazil: 800 thousand characters
- Latin America (includes Mexico and Central America?): just under 700 thousand characters
- Oceanic realms (includes Australia and New Zealand): 1.6 million characters
- EU realms (including Russia): 22 million characters
- English realms: 10.6 million characters
- French realms: 2.3 million characters
- German realms: 5.4 million characters
- Italian realms: 200 thousand characters
- Russian realms: 2.7 million characters
- Spanish realms: 900 thousand characters
NOTE: Although this is data for character counts, one can use a rough estimate of 5 characters per player, so total WoW population is probably somewhere just under 10 million players.
List of countries with the highest population in WoW players (Rough Estimate as of 4th quarter 2011 according to WarcraftRealms.com and total number of players released by Blizzard):
1. China, Asian Realms: 3.2 million players
2. United States and Canada, North American Realms: 3.0 million players
3. United Kingdom, European Realms: 1.0 million players
4. South Korea, Asian Realms: 800,000 players
5. Germany, European Realms: 600,000 players
6. Taiwan, Asian Realms: 350,000 players
7. France, European Realms: 200,000 players
8. Russia, European Realms: 150,000 players
9. Australia, North American Realms: 120,000 players
10. Latin America, North American Realms: 100,000 players
11. Spain, European Realms: 80,000 players
12. Other, NA/EU/Asian Realms: 800,000 players
- Some debate that China has the highest population in WoW users because of the amount of gold farmers that live in China.