|This is a proposal and requires a vote to be accepted or declined.
See the Village Pump for terms and conditions, described by Gil (talk). This vote is about the domain of the website, being discussed primarily for advertising/funding concerns, potentially the very future of the wiki. The primary discussion of the topic can also be found at the Village Pump.
Vote yes if you would like to keep the current domain (www.wowwiki.com). If you vote yes, please nominate or support an existing nomination as a representative.
Vote no if you would allow wowwiki to move to a wikia domain (*.wikia.com).
- IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE VOTE ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 31, 2009.
|A vote is in progress!
) 23:05, 31 December 2008 (UTC) - (Fandyllic)
- Yes User:Gourra/Sig2 23:12, 31 December 2008 (UTC) - (Fandyllic)
- Yes Murph (talk • contr) 05:40, 1 January 2009 (UTC) - (Fandyllic)
- Yes ~~ - (Fandyllic)
I'm alright with either direction, but I didn't get that impression from everyone else. So if the community decides to stay with our current domain, I'd like to nominate (talk · contr), if he would accept the responsibility, to be our non-Wikia representative. -Howbizr (talk) 18:05, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- I don't care either way, but I concur that Fandyllic and either PCJ or Sandwichman should be representatives.-- (talk · contr) 18:17, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- I also concur with Fandyllic, and think I'd probably lean more toward Murph, for having gotten this whole thing started as well as the spirit of finding the middle ground. --Sky (t · c · w) 21:00, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- While I am honored and understand why the representatives are being chosen, I have little idea what I would actually do if selected. That said, I third Murph, second Pcj, and also nominate Gourra.-- 23:49, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
I honestly wasn't looking for an official position for myself in this, but I'm happy to accept the nomination, and do my best to represent the community. I'd like there to be at least 2 of us in this role, as it's a controversial subject and really needs more than one person to carry the responsibility. Two reps is probably sufficient, although I've no objections to there being a 3rd, and I can't see Wikia objecting to that if it's presented as a team that will endeavour to present a consistent message. I've nominated Fandyllic above, although I'd be happy to work with any of the admins on this, if selected. --Murph (talk • contr) 05:50, 1 January 2009 (UTC)