|This is an archive of WoWWiki:Proposed icon.
|Proposal: That we switch to one of these icons:|
|(Icon 3)||(Icon 4)||(Icon 5 (same as 4 but |
w/ blurred divider))
- Icon 3
- Fandyllic (talk) 10:53 PM PST 1 Feb 2006
- Sanderu 04:04, 2 Feb 2006 (EST)
- Kakwakas 12:23, 2 Feb 2006 (EST)
- ℑilver§ℑide 00:39, 4 Feb 2006 (EST)
- Ralthor 00:43, 28 Feb 2006 (EST)
- CJ 03:22, 28 Feb 2006 (EST)
- SeSwa 00:03, 30 March 2006 (EST)
- Guillotine 16:10, 5 April 2006 (EDT) Definitely like this one best
- Omaha 13:57, 6 April 2006 (EDT)
- Aeleas 13:17, 12 April 2006 (EDT) -- I prefer logo 1 aesthetically, but it looks too much like a generic Warcraft logo, as opposed to something specifically for WoWWiki.
- ClydeJr 13:57, 12 April 2006 (EDT)
- Foogray 06:19, 14 April 2006 (EDT)
- Cigawoot 15:16, 14 April 2006 (EDT) New icon > Old icon
- --Spliner 07:11, 7 May 2006 (EDT)
- Kirkburn 16:02, 21 May 2006 (EDT)
- Anatolia 14:40, 31 May 2006
- Sting-Ray ZA 05:26, 1 June 2006 (EDT)
- Nobutada 9:51, 1 June 2006 (CST)
- Grand Magister Rommath 08:08, 1 June 2006
- Johnny Weird 14:47, 1 June 2006 (EDT) -- I prefer icon 3 over the current one, partially because the current Orc logo doesn't even have the WoWWiki name on it.
- Flater 15:43, 1 June 2006 (EDT) -- The WoWWiKi logo rules!
- Biff surfer 08:19, 2 June 2006 (EDT)
- Varghedin 19:33, 2 June 2006 (CET) - I love this one, getting quite tired of that bloody orc.
- Ovistine 15:41, 2 June 2006 (EDT)
- Marturin 11:53, 3 June 2006 (EDT)
- Archael 12:24, 3 June 2006 (EDT)
- Jthiesen 08:55, 4 June 2006 (EDT)
- Aimbot 15:18, 4 June 2006 (EDT)
- Jeoh 17:14, 4 June 2006 (EDT)
- Flyspeck 20:17, 4 June 2006 (EDT)
- Tylluan 21:24, 4 June 2006 (EDT)
- Gryphon 12:10, 5 June 2006 (EDT)
- Wizzcat 00:15, 6 June 2006 (EDT)
- Nea 10:42, 6 June 2006 (EDT)
- Yeg0 18:04, 6 June 2006 (EDT)
- Thehermit 19:30, 6 June 2006 (EDT)
- Ceilí 11:16, 7 June 2006 (EDT)
- Tack122 5:25, 7 June 2006 (CST)
- mgg4 17:16, 7 June 2006 (EDT)
- Athenn 13:20, 8 June 2006 (EDT)
- RobertM525 04:57, 10 June 2006 (EDT)
- Oryx 11:21, 10 June 2006 (PDT)
- Rithiur 06:51, 11 June 2006 (EDT)
- mjonkobonko 04:37, 12 June 2006 (EDT)
- Icon 4
- Fandyllic (talk) 9:20 AM PDT 10 Jun 2006; I know you're not supposed to vote twice, but I'm a cheater!
- Gilly DH 12:28, 10 June 2006 (EDT) I like this one much better. I like the combo horde/alliance thing, and also I like that it's square, I think that fits in better. However, I also agree with Kirkburn and more thoughts on that below...
- Tampler 4:20, 11 june 2006 (GMT) Now this I like!
- Schmidt 13:10, 11 June 2006 (EDT)
- Icon 5
- Old Icon
- Kramm (talk) 17:20, 3 Jan 2006 (EST) I think we should get more candidates for a vote.
- TheMaster42 00:09, 6 May 2006 (EDT) I like the orc - he fits with the color-scheme better. The circular icons feel a bit cartoony to me, personally.
- --Matti 19:50, 31 May 2006 (EDT)
- Random Image
- --Anticrash 14:55, 4 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Stfrn 01:53, 4 Feb 2006 (EST)
- Picknslap 19:53, 8 Mar 2006 (EST)
- --Squash 10:20, 24 April 2006 (AEST)
- Beauco 03:57, 1 June 2006 (EDT)
I don't necessarily want this to stay here (I think this better belongs somewhere else, especially in the WoWWiki namespace), but I would like to have a council or committee to develop and vote on a new icon. Me, I don't want to see an orc in the corner of every page. Actually, I don't normally see it, but I would like to see something cool like Wikipedia's. Schmidt 02:50, 11 Dec 2005 (EST)
- Opps! I mis-marked them - didn't mean delete, meant use the old item or use the new one? I don't know which vote you wanted to use rofl - i'll leave a note on your talk page to come place your vote in the appropriate category, till then I removed it (so as not to confuse) -- ℑilver§ℑide 15:26, 11 Dec 2005 (EST)
- What happened to the pretty picture?
- --Fandyllic 1:40 PM PST 13 December 2005
- What happened to the pretty picture?
- Yay! It came back!
- --Fandyllic 2:39 PM PST 20 December 2005
- Yay! It came back!
I moved this from Icon to Proposed WoWWiki Icon. (Don't be mad.)
- --Fandyllic 2:41 PM PST 20 December 2005
- nr 1 looks better. though i'd espect a second smaller W to be behind the big one. it looks good tho. CJ 09:20, 23 Dec 2005 (EST)
In the interest of progress I voted, but, I think the icon should include the word "wiki" otherwise the icon has no significant meaning at all. --Hammersmith Dec 27 '05
- We're talking about comparing this to a random half-pic of an orc - at least this refers to World of Warcraft, not just fantasy in general. I'll see if I can find a backup of one of these and work the word in there somewhere ^^/ -- ℑilver§ℑide 10:51, 27 Dec 2005 (EST)
Oi ! Can't decide myself ! Both are great, but I'd prefer another icon involving more W's (kinda 2-3, did you ever notice that this wiki's URL is pretty tough to write with all these W ???)--Kirochi 17:11, 27 Dec 2005 (EST)
- But think about it - all the Ws are really, still, just doubleyous! So, really, one represents them all (and looks cleaner) - at least, that was my reasoning hehe (-: -- ℑilver§ℑide 23:27, 27 Dec 2005 (EST)
How many votes do we need for this to actually change? --Xmuskrat 13:14, 28 Dec 2005 (EST)
- Infinite - nobody except User:Rustak with FTP access to the domain, or a dedicated hacker, can change that. Not even the newly admin-ized fandyllic! The idea is to get 10 or fifteen to make rustak notice and change it (-: -- ℑilver§ℑide 22:33, 29 Dec 2005 (EST)
Okay I brushed up on my rusty Photoshop skills and tried to make up a version of the icon I thought of... please vote for Icon 3 if you like it. --Fandyllic 10:55 PM PST 1 Feb 2006
- icon 3 looks nice. but its // slanted to the right // if you can make it "straight" then my vote goes out to that one CJ 03:48, 2 Feb 2006 (EST)
- What exactly is slanted to the right? The WoW is "curved" in Photoshop, so it isn't slanted per se. Do you want the WoW just straight across like the Wiki? --Fandyllic 6:23 PM PST 9 Feb 2006
- if you draw a straight horizontal line from the left W tip to the right, you'll see that the Left W is higher than the right one, thus the image is unbalanced / tilted / tipped to the right. this makes it look weird. if that was fixed it'd be great. the WOW letters arching across the top is good, but the skewing definitely isnt. CJ 05:49, 10 Feb 2006 (EST)
- Okay, I see it now... subtle, but there. I'll try to fix it and re-post (not sure when exactly). --Fandyllic 1:33 PM PST 10 Feb 2006
- Tilted the WoW so it is horizontally aligned better, but now it looks sort of crooked compared to the Wiki (should have made it all the same case). --Fandyllic 8:59 AM PST 14 Feb 2006
- I kinda like this one, but I don't like the warping. You don't want it to look like you just applied a Photoshop tool. :) --Bevans (FeldmanSkitzoid) 11:41, 14 Feb 2006 (EST)
- Can't please everyone. If alot of other people want a straight across WoW, I'll think about making a version like that. --Fandyllic 8:59 AM PST 14 Feb 2006
- Looks like its tilted a bit to the left now. lol.. does look a bit better tho. And to please everyone, just make 1 version with, and 1 without the warp, people can just vote which one they like better CJ 03:23, 28 Feb 2006 (EST)
- I think I trashed the original one. D'oh! I could tilt it back, but I'm lazy. --Fandyllic 1:28 PM PST 28 Feb 2006
Hah! Just when you thought you decided, I've added another alternative for those, "Its not hordie enough!" whiners. Vote if you like it. You can move your vote to icon 4, if you think its now the best! --Fandyllic 9:19 AM PDT 10 Jun 2006
I blurred the edges between the Horde and Alliance's sides of Fandyllic's Icon 4 and removed the brown edges from the Horde flag. The Horde flag was cut poorly, so the brown background the flag was originally on was added to the icon. I removed the brown edges. I also added a black background because it makes the Horde flag look like it's framed in darkness. The original background from Icon 4 had a white background which made it look like it was on a piece of white paper. -- User:TopDread
- Please do not change my icon! If you want it to look different, edit and submit your own version! I'm changing it back. --Fandyllic 10:44 PM PDT 10 Jun 2006
I totally screwed up the file while trying to overwrite the original Icon 4, so I deleted it. Sorry, User:TopDread but you'll have to re-upload your version again. --Fandyllic 11:21 PM PDT 10 Jun 2006
Random Image Vote
I'd like to see a random image script implemented, so that a random image loads in the logo space from a specified file directory. I have the PHP code that could be used. We could all submit images that can be resized and posted up. We could have a certain person in charge of maintaining the images (on an off-site server most likely) for which I volunteer, btw =). If we go this route, there is no need to vote on a new logo, as we can use them all! Any votes on doing this instead?
- If you're still around, please remove my icons from your random icon rotator script's folder, thanks. ℑilver§ℑide 15:01, 14 April 2006 (EDT)
Icon 1 & 2 Links Broken!
Silver, is this your site? Can you put these images on another site until yours is up and working? --Fandyllic 5:45 PM PST 30 Jan 2006
- Okay, I uploaded the icon 1 proposal and linked it, I hope it doesn't violate any copyrights. I'll probably upload icon 2, also since I beleive its Silver's original creation (but I'm not certain). I will say, that icon 1 is basically the WoW icon without the corners, so we may be in trouble with it. --Fandyllic 5:58 PM PST 30 Jan 2006
Keep voting! It's fun to watch. Maybe someday it'll have an effect :P -- Kirkburn 16:29, 7 June 2006 (EDT)
*Tumbleweed rolls on past*
So, anything going to ever happen about this? The current image doesn't say 'WoWWiki' in any way, and it really has gotta be changed some time. I reckon once the Wiki gets a proper identity it'll gain more standing. -- Kirkburn 08:43, 29 May 2006 (EDT)
- Heh, see what happens when you put the vote link on every wiki page :D Soon we shall be buried under the landslide! -- Kirkburn 17:12, 1 June 2006 (EDT)
- The trouble here is that we need more selection. These "two" icons are alright, and that's as good as it gets. We need a really good one. It can even be simple (to suit my tastes anyways), but we need something else. Schmidt 19:01, 2 June 2006 (EDT)