|Welcome to WoWWiki!|
Some links you may find useful:
We hope you enjoy editing here and being a WoWWikian!
Your Application to the Bookkeepers in currently in the process of being reviewed. Due to your limited experience on the wiki, I cannot accept you at this time. However, you have been added to the short-list of Bookkeeper Potentials, which means that your status on the wiki will be observed with an eye to admission. --Ragestorm 06:31, 22 August 2006 (EDT)
- If you could please refrain from going into too much detail on your notes about Blood elves on the warrior lore page, that would be helpful. I can't tell you how unbelievably sick I am of people whining over Sindorei and Draenei lore (Not that I'm accusing you, I just want to make it clear that we don't need a full-blown analysis everywhere. Your ideas about the other class lore pages are good ones. --Ragestorm 12:58, 9 November 2006 (EST)
Thanks I'll cut it down and keep it to a minimum.--Grid 13:00, 9 November 2006 (EST)
- As I said, I'm not trying to get at you. You've demonstrated admirable attempt at reconciliation (though there shouldn't have been a need for it).--Ragestorm 13:02, 9 November 2006 (EST)
I nuked almost all of what was up there because upon reading it, I realized most of it wasn't even about warriors anyway. It went into all these unnecessary tangents about racial history, shamans, etc that really had no place in a page talking about warriors. Do you think it was a prudent decision?--Grid 13:05, 9 November 2006 (EST)
- Definetly. The page is about warriors, not why Blood elves can't play as warriors. As I maintain, the whole controversy (over both races is completely ludicrous anyway. See Talk:Draenei/Lore for the worst of it. --Ragestorm 13:08, 9 November 2006 (EST)
Holy Hell in a barrel.. Well, I can see where he was coming from. Blizzard is being very sloppy with retcons, and to be honest, it's annoying me a little too because I think they should exercise a more subtle hand being such a highly regarded company. Crafting a universe is painful work and some retcons are understandable, but I agree that these controversies are ultimately ludicous unless they are something they don't affect gameplay. i.e - Changing Thrall's character to a complete warmonger, which is grounds for debate, as opposed to a gameplay change which affects lore.. Which can't be changed because ultimately, this is all a game.
I've been having so much fun writing the Mage Lore stubs that I think I might jump into doing it for race-societal view-preference thing on the warrior page. What do you think?--Grid 13:18, 9 November 2006 (EST)
- The issue with so many retcons is one thing. It's quite another to start whining when you think some species doesn't fit into the universe because the heavily detailed lore doesn;t fit your definition of a good reason. His argument was quite flawed. If you want to start hating the draenei, hate them because they were made to appease the fans who wanted to play demons, not because they bear a minor grudge to the orcs. If these people bothered to check anything, they'll find that draenei are better ensconsed in the lore than humans are.
- Let me take a look at the edits. If they work, by all means continue, but could you do me a favor and not do it on the Warriors or HUnters? I feel that they're so tradition there's no real need. --Ragestorm 17:04, 9 November 2006 (EST)
What do you mean by no need because of tradition?--Grid 10:26, 10 November 2006 (EST)
- No new members right now, but in your case, I'm willing to make an exception. For now just carry on as normal (expecially since you're taking care of class lore with Diggory under the aegis of a Bookkeeper project). I congratulate you on actually signing your post and fulfilling the criteria. -- (talk · contr) 15:24, 4 February 2007 (EST)
Many thanks Ragestorm!--Zexx 16:06, 4 February 2007 (EST)
If you see vandalism...
- I wasn't aware I could do that. How is reporting vandalism done?--Grid 17:29, 24 December 2006 (EST)
- Hmm, also, can I suggest you don't sign with a different name to your actual? Concerning vandals - WW:VANDAL for info and how to notify us :) To revert, go to the history tab, open the version before the vandalism, click edit and save that (with an appropriate comment). -- (talk) 17:39, 24 December 2006 (EST)
As seen on Grom Hellscream and Uther Lightbringer. Are these you own thoughts, roleplayer opinions, or are they actually referenced in-game or other lore sources? (as an aside, a part of an article isn't a "stub", it's a "Section"- a stub is an incomplete article or section.)--Ragestorm, Head Bookkeeper 22:47, 25 December 2006 (EST)
The first WarCraft RPG book talks about race tension between night elves and orcs, primarily because of their hero-worship of Grom Hellscream and also because they refuse to accept responsibility for Cenarius' death. Another reason why the two races find it so hard to reconcile is the continued deforestation of Ashenvale and a militaristic, almost quasi-religious interpretation of what Medivh said when he promised Thrall and his people safety across the sea. They see Kalimdor as their Promised Land and their right by divine conquest.
As for the Uther controversy, I take it you're Alliance. There is a mission at the Bulwark given by a blood elf who blames Uther for Arthas going rogue, and it involves Horde players going to defile Uther's tomb.--Zexx 02:16, 26 December 2006 (EST)
- Just double-checking, carry on. Although, i'd recommend calling it something other than "controversy", at that implies something akin to the controvesy pages on Blood elves and draenei.--Ragestorm, Head Bookkeeper 09:43, 26 December 2006 (EST)
Sure. I'll revert Grom's section to "Legacy" to be more in line with Uther's.
Well I'm not going to revert your changes just yet, as I don't know what you took out exactly. But there are short stories and examples of Azerothian blood elves(I.E. those that haven't ever been to Outland) who fed on demonic energies. Also when yous state "fel" it means the exact same thing as "demonic energy", they are equivalent terms. Now in expansion you can asborb energy of any type, fel, arcane, divine, etc, it doesn't matter, they'll absorb anything. Infact it applies to even the ones in Outland, they just have more fel energy on hand. By the way if you need citations for specific refrences, let me know and I'll research the issue when I have time.
See also, Verius for an example of blood elves feeding on demonic blood.
By the way if you want to you can take this conversation to my talk page so I have a better chance of seeing it.Baggins 17:18, 27 December 2006 (EST)
No I've been using the sig button. However, my treasured icons are reappearing again! It seems like it was just technical difficulties, but thank you for the concern.--Zexx 23:46, 3 January 2007 (EST)
If I clean it up a bit, could we possibly negotiate re-adding at least *some* of what I added to the Legacy section on Grom's article? I spent some time on it, and I'll admit that the reason why I added it is because of what was already written there about the Orcs refusing to accept responsibility for what he did.
Petrus4 17:50, 8 January 2007 (EST)
The thing is though, the legacy is supposed to list the direct effects of what he did. It is not a place to find understanding for what he did or its justifications. Only the consequences of what happened and the empirical results, which is tension between orcs and night elves, and the reasons for those tensions. The explorations into Grom's personal struggles is more of a debate than a solid article, so it is probably best for either a separate section or a separate article.--Zexx 18:25, 8 January 2007 (EST)
hello zexx, apprantly your already doing/ have plans to update class lore? Looks like we are working together on this then :) got any plans at the moment?
As you you may have already seen, ive overhauled the lockie's lore. More re-organised it than altered the content. Still needs a bit of work but i think its looking better, what do you think? --Diggory 12:00, 2 February 2007 (EST)
Very nicely done. I'm planning on revisiting the Hunter Lore section which I worked on for a bit, and organizing it better. I think they're the only class page left necessary for a total rehaul. We can revisit all the pages for a more uniform organization to bring them all in line with each other after we're finished.--Zexx 13:36, 2 February 2007 (EST)