Welcome to WoWWiki!
As you already have, we hope you can continue to help the community and vice versa :-)
If you have any questions, someone will gladly answer them, or you could drop them at the reference desk.
We just wanted to say welcome, and to encourage you to continue contributing! --Fandyllic (talk)
Want to help more? Join a team! Edit
As a community it is easier to get large amounts of maintenance and community projects done in teams - we like to encourage each wiki-user (also known as WoWWikians) to join one or two. Check out Community teams for more info! --Fandyllic (talk)
Want to participate? Vote! Edit
WoWWiki isn't an absolute democracy, but many decisions are voted on. Also, we encourage members to vote on site policies. See a list of votes in progress or a list of policy proposals. --Fandyllic (talk) 1:35 AM PDT 17 Jul 2006
Do not insert new bits of information in the middle of cited material if it wasn't there to begin with (they are usually quotes, or very close paraphrases). New material or observation should be added at the end of a paragraph after the citation or in its own paragraph.
Also do not add controversial material or interpretations unless it is a specific quote, and is correctly cited in order to prevent it from being viewed as horde bias or alliance bias from a fan's pov. If you don't add a citation to that bit you added in "pride" it will be removed.
As a rule material that might be contraversial must only come from official Blizzard sources and source material (I.E. stating Blizzard's official viewpoint or theme), and not originating from fan opinion.Baggins 07:54, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
You have been warned about changing cited material or altering quotes. It is a WoWWiki:Violations, and if you continue to do to do it, you will be blocked from posting.Baggins 08:30, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
"Interestingly, this characteristic at times manifests among Horde players in-game; in battleground PvP they can at times become so focused on simply butchering and/or terrorising the Alliance that they can lose focus on both group co-ordination and fulfilling any objectives which are not connected purely with violence."
BTW that had to be removed for definitely being horde gamer vs. alliance gamer, type of bias. It doesn't belong in lore pages. But you are welcome to turn it into a discussion in the talk page for that article.Baggins 08:33, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- Petrus, I noticed that you've had this exact issue before, specifically in regards to Night elves. I must remind you again that what you see in-game is player behavior vis a vis factions or race abilities, and not lore-defined behavior. -- (talk · contr) 14:25, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- Also, race names shouldn't be capitalized. Faction names should.Baggins 05:27, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
I don't know what was going through your mind, but the Background section in Mage is a lore section, it is not a place to discuss game mechanics or people's opinions of the class.Baggins 21:22, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
- I moved it down the page, and changed the title to be more descriptive. It could probably do with a source however (for the other games) - possible? 21:42, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
- Maybe if in the talk page at least we could get some corroboration from other people who've played a Mage? And Baggins...I apologise if that was in the wrong section. I've already made a mental note to avoid areas of the wiki relating to lore more or less in general, in the sense that I've noticed that I don't tend to upset you or Ragestorm when I'm writing purely about game mechanics.
- Petrus4 22:40, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
BE controversy note Edit
I've made a section about it on Talk:Blood elf controversy#Petrus4.27s addition. 09:35, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
Your comments are desiredEdit
Hey, just wanted to solicit your opinions on whether WoWWiki should leave Wikia. Thanks! -- ( • ) 03:28, October 6, 2010 (UTC)