Please do not create pages with no content with simply a template to make them exist. This is per WW:STUB. Thank you. -- ( • ) 12:15, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
- They have to be created anyways - whether it is today or tomorrow. It's not like these are non-functional pages. - Dragola ;)
- When they are created, they should have content on them. Do not create them with no content simply as a means to get rid of a red link. -- ( •
) 12:24, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
Will add content, next time I create new pages - apart from the tags.
Could you have at least ASKED before you deleted my thing on the Shadow Council about the Scarlet Crusade? God, I can't make one damn edit on here without someone deleting it without asking!!!!!!!!!!! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk • contr).
- Sign your posts with
~~~~. The Scarlet Crusade is not even remotely connected to the Shadow Council, and Balnazzar is not even connected to the Shadow Council. User:Gourra/Sig2 16:06, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
And how do you know that? They never said he wasn't. And so what if I'm wrong? Can't someone ask before they revise one of my edits? Like I said, I can't make one freaking edit without someone deleting it without asking or notifying me that they're changing it. Please, thats ALL I'm asking for. For someone to at least NOTIFY me. Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 16:20, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- Making unsubstantial claims of connections between factions is not something that's allowed on articles. Nowhere has it been said that Balnazzar is a part of the Shadow Council, not even a hint, so saying that it could be connected is not even possible. Furthermore you can't expect people to notify you on every edit they make on things you've added; this is a part of wiki editing. User:Gourra/Sig2 16:33, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Well then why the hell do you say it's the World of Warcraft wiki that anyone can edit? More like the, "World of Warcraft wiki that anyone can edit, but were probably gonna delete more than half the stuff you put on more then half the time." Well, whatever. No use fighting now. I've already lost, wether I like to admit it or not. Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 16:37, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- If it has no basis in lore, then make a fanfic article out of it. And one more thing: once you put something onto the wiki (if it's not connected to your user page), it's not "your" material, it's public material. Remember that. No-one has any need to noftify previous contributors to an article before editing it. Xavius, the Satyr Lord (praise) (creations) 16:44, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Anyways, by Gourra's logic, then a few other things should be deleted from Wowwiki as well. Like, say, the Naaru speculation, where they were allied with Sargeras before he went evil. There was never even a hint that they were allied with him before he went nuts, so you might as well delete that. Whatever, I'm officially done fighting over this. Comment, reply, delete, prove me wrong, do what you will. Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 16:47, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- Speculations is good as long as it has something to base it on. I don't really know much about this, so if you had both a speculation tag and a good connection, I apologize. If you're speaking of my (far-fetched) naaru theory, it is located under my user page, and is really more of a fan-fic. Xavius, the Satyr Lord (praise) (creations) 16:58, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- You've made two edits. One was reverted. And according to you thats enough to claim "were probably gonna delete more than half the stuff you put on more then half the time". That's pretty good for someone new. My first twenty or so edits were reverted. Now you can either throw a tantrum about it or you can get yourself acclimated to the wiki, how things work here, and really help contribute. But part of that is that you are going to make mistakes and the people who are watching out for that can't be on hand to explain every change. And yes we delete and revert a lot of "contributions", otherwise our articles would be packed with misinformation, speculation, fan fiction, etc...Anyone can contribute but it doesn't mean that anyone has the right to have whatever they want on the page. Don't take it personaly, because it isn't, you should be less sensative 17:01, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Ok, I lied about the last comment thing, lol. Sorry guys, I'm just having a lil bit of a bad day and well...you get the point. And thats not really what I meant. I've looked at the history pages, and well, I've seen a lot of revisions, deletes, ect. Well, whatever. Again, sorry, bad day and all, anger, ect. Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 17:04, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Haha, seems to be quite the discussion going on here. Let me please explain my motivations: I didn't bother telling you that the contribution would be better removed, because I assumed you knew it already. You mentioned that it was 'very, very, VERY unlikely'. That was enough reason for me to remove it without notifying you. - Dragola 17 Aug
I didn't say that. I said they were 'very, very, VERY losely connected to the Shadow Council' or some such shit. I can't remember particularly what I said then. Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 19:23, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
WoWWiki tries not to break the NDA by posting leaked info, as you did on Hiji. Besides, I can't help doubting the real-ness of the "leaked" info you speak of. Ose talk/3721 12:54, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
Yes, there is no guarantee that the information is real; apart from the fact that it has been around for a long time (earliest reports are from 2003) and nearly everything has proven to be correct (up to now). Thank you for your comment, I will try to keep my conclusions based on this to a minimum. ;) Dragola (talk) 13:31, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
Comments on my talk pageEdit
It may be better to give my reply here to keep your talk page from getting too bloated (and I know you even use archives :) ). First of all: thank you for your extensive reply (though not all of it was dedicated to myself). As a member who has joined very recently I've still got a lot to learn. However - I seem to be making serious progress. That's why I found your post most helpful.
About the datamaning. Yes that is indeed my method. I've wondered about it myself as well (if it would be allowed) but after looking around a bit I saw some other datamined quotes as well. For example the boss of the Violet Hold. Not trying to blame anyone, just pointing out why I decided to do it.
Fact remains that a lot of my datamined voices are actually implemented on live beta (Darion, Brann, the first encounter with the Admiral Westwind), but some are not yet added (Malygos, some of Alexstrasza's lines, the second encounter with Admiral Westwind).
I will refrain from adding anymore voices that aren't yet used in the live Beta. If you wish me to I'll try to remove all the quotes that aren't used yet. I'll store them on my computer and re-add them when these zones open up. Dragola (talk) 20:38, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, if the voices have gone live, you are free to post them. Yes, please remove anything suspect that you might have added. If you catch other people breaking NDA, fill free to remove the info, and please do. Just mention the reason why you removed it in the summery.Baggins (talk) 20:56, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
"The" in place namesEdit
Ok for ease of searchabilty we drop "the" from page names. However, "The" can be included inside the page itself for example "infobox" if it exists in game. The should be "the" if the term is used in a sentence, like, "I'm in the Underbelly".