Hah! You're and Admin now also!
Congratulations! Now other people can bug you and not me. Remember to throw your weight around... LOL.
--Fandyllic 10:36 AM PST 8 Mar 2006
- Congratz !!!--Kirochi 14:02, 8 Mar 2006 (EST)
*stamps "poond" on Schmidt's forehead*
--Mikk 17:25, 25 June 2006 (EDT)
- lol. That said, I say we just leave them. After I found out what it was used for, I decided it shouldn't be deleted after all, unless you can think of something better to do with them and what links to them. Schmidt 17:34, 25 June 2006 (EDT)
- No, I can't, really. Unless we'd create e.g. fire school and have that #redirect to the section and then run around and change Template:Tlink et al all over the place. I see why he did it; it becomes a pain to fix links into sections in a page if you decide to rename the section. This way, he'd only need to change the one spot. --Mikk 17:41, 25 June 2006 (EDT)
- Special:Whatlinkshere/Template:Deletemod *nudge* *nudge* :-)
- I just went through them all again and double checked. --Mikk 03:36, 4 July 2006 (EDT)
- *re-nudge* :-) --Mikk 12:57, 12 July 2006 (EDT)
- ugh. You're right. I need to do this. I have a new character I've been loving -- an arcane (mostly)/fire mage, level 41, very nearly level 42. I should be able to get to it soon, though. Sorry! Schmidt 00:00, 13 July 2006 (EDT)
- Alright. I'm through with it for now. It's embarassing to say right now that I'm only level 47 now, nearly 48. It was so fast getting to 42, and 5 more levels takes two weeks? :( See your talk page. (As if you haven't already.) Schmidt 16:45, 26 July 2006 (EDT)
- Okay, I've been through them all and motivated them all in much greater detail. I actally dropped one claim though since I discovered that the information on the wiki (all 2 sentences of it) is actually not available anywhere else. Likely because the mod has been abandoned but I have not real proof of that so I'll just drop that one for now. --Mikk 07:04, 27 July 2006 (EDT)
Hrms... what's with removing the deletemod tags? Go back and read the vote on WoWWiki talk:Addon pages;
- "Re-classify Category:AddOns as a place that AddOn developers can use as the main page for their AddOn, if they like, but that there's no point for WoWWiki, nor for its visitors, and neither for the Author himself that the WoWWiki page just be an outdated and lesser copy of what's available on addon sites. OR a page actively maintained by WoWWiki contributors for a mod that they find particularily useful and like to tell others about (objectively and usefully).".
You're flat out stating in one or two cases "it doesn't matter that [insert addon site] has more info"... muh? I thought we agreed that that there wasn't much point in trying to have an addon listing database that's just copy&paste snippets of what's in the addon sites?
I'm not trying to be an arse about this all, I'm just a bit ... well.. "huh?" --Mikk 07:21, 27 July 2006 (EDT)
- I don't recall doing that this time around. I did it some time ago, yes. This time around I rethought, and concluded that I should either leave that tag on, or delete the article. I do think it's worth having some of the articles, though, even if they're not official, because some mods may be good but misunderstood or underutilized, which what you quoted indicates is fair. I guess it just didn't occur to me to reclassify or anything. *shrug* You're welcome to retag whatever you want to. I'll look back through again and see if I still think they should stick around. I'm more willing now to delete the same pages that I took those tags off of.
- One mod I'd like to get more information for myself is Sage Unitframes. I like the look of it, but I don't like how the frames are much larger than the actual displayed information and bars. Schmidt 10:50, 27 July 2006 (EDT)
Take the plunge and switch the Main Page?
Should we declare it the winner and make the switch? --Fandyllic 1:49 PM PDT 11 Aug 2006
- Shoot, I'd say so. It looks great, IMO. A lot has happened while I've been leveling my mage up to 56 now. :) I love it... a little OT there. Anyways, yeah I'd take the plunge. It has my seal of approval... oh, uh, where did I leave my seal?
- It sounds like no one thinks that it should not be changed at all, and any disagreements with it seem to be nullified -- the screen resolution, as is noted, on all computers that will play WOW will most likely be 1024×768 at least, and while I haven't checked it myself for that, it appears that others think it's fine. As well, it's not necessary to cater to the one odd person who has a low-res monitor. Schmidt 19:04, 11 August 2006 (EDT)
- I like this conversation. Mind if I eavesdrop? :P There may be futher minor changes (though I doubt it) - however, if we keep a main dev version, this won't be a problem, since any further changes can easily be copied across :) -- Kirkburn 20:06, 11 August 2006 (EDT)
- Yeah, I think it would be good to retire SilverSide's WoWWiki:Main Page Dev and re-purpose it for a general dev version of the Main Page or use Main Page Dev (but I like it as a pointer page).
- The real question is who's going to make the Main Page change? I figured the change could be announced in a few places like the current Main Page, News, and WoWWiki:News and then we can wait a few days before the actual switch (5 days?). --Fandyllic 5:02 AM PDT 12 Aug 2006
- I agree, Fandyllic, that that page can be the new user-editable version. I wouldn't mind changing it right now myself, but it sounds like the vote might still be outstanding, but as I see it, it is pending closure. That means 3 days from when? Anyways, let me know if you want me to do it for any reason. Schmidt 18:39, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- *checks active admin list* Well, it's you or Schmidt. Flip a coin, wait for the vote to close, and just do it? :-P --Mikk 05:58, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- Just do it! =) -- Kirkburn 11:04, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- Shall we target Sept 1st as the switchover day? or is that too late? --Fandyllic 1:44 PM PDT 21 Aug 2006
- I suggest making the change before the leipzig convention begins, which is on the 23rd-27th - big news will probably be coming then, and the wiki will get a spike in visits. -- Kirkburn 19:59, 21 August 2006 (EDT)
- Go go go go! That garish yellow/moss green "winnar update" thing feels so.... abrasive against my aesthetic senses. Pzychotix 18:17, 22 August 2006 (EDT)
- I would use ... other ... words. =) Mikk did ;) On a side note, the convention starts in about 7 hours -- Kirkburn 19:26, 22 August 2006 (EDT)
Yhea, that's right. Seventy.
SEVENTY PAGES. SILVERSIDE'S MAIN PAGE HAD >>>SEVENTY<<< SUB-PAGES!
I need a macro keyboard so I can paste speedydelete tags faster >.< --Mikk 13:36, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- I guess I'll get to deleting all that after the main page is changed. Schmidt 18:39, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- You made the RC list messy at least - so that's something =) -- Kirkburn 13:47, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
Making the switch
Looks like Schmidt has not checked in since Aug 15th, so I may make the switch without his feedback either later today or tomorrow. I might just change the announcements to say the change is happening tomorrow and do it then. --Fandyllic 1 PM PDT 24 Aug 2006
- I guess I haven't checked in since August 24, but until this I didn't think you needed any more feedback than I already gave. What did you need my feedback for? I would have thought my statement that the page looks great would be enough. Schmidt 03:45, 29 August 2006 (EDT)
Since I have you attention ...
Perhaps we can update the left-column links now? The Proposed new sidebar bit can go at least :) -- Kirkburn 13:50, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- Yeah. See that talk page, if you want. Basically it says if I've left any links out from what you had suggested, let me know here. The whole page is set to be deleted in about a week from now, if no one says anything different. Schmidt 18:32, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
2500 club :)
And a-why are you not part of the prestigious 2500-ers, might I ask? Separate the wheat from the chaff as one might say ... Category:2500club. Join, why not? :P -- Kirkburn 19:11, 25 August 2006 (EDT)
- I'm not averse to it, but I don't see myself as belonging much anymore. I will still do what needs to be done on the admin side, but I don't think I'll be very active, honestly. Who knows, though? Schmidt 03:45, 29 August 2006 (EDT)
- Mabye for Past accomplishments? How do you keep track of your spam counter anyway, couldn't find it anywhere. CJ 09:38, 3 November 2006 (EST)
- Odd way of doing it, 15 pages. Would think there is a special page with a counter. - 05:37, 14 November 2006 (EST)
- The way I check is just change the limit:
- If there are older contributions, then there are more than the limit, so I just check the next increment up.-- (talk) 11:14 AM PST 14 Nov 2006
- Not going to be a lot of people hitting the 7500 or 10000 mark yet im sure. but 1000 could. there's a lot of people to check then though, couldn't like, a bot keep track of them? - 16:51, 14 November 2006 (EST)