Um... I guess if anyone wants to talk to me they can contact me here. If you want to comment on articles I've modified or my characters storylines you can do it here if you want.--Blayaden 02:32, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
Complaints: To Loremaster Blayaden
Yes I have a complaint, what the bloody Sargeras?!! I recently, by my initiative, edited 2 prolific elven articles who just happened to be silver mobs. I am on a campaign to breath a little life into World of Warcraft by giving each zone a Silver Mob with its own backstory. I took an exception to the Eastern Plaguelands and added two stories; one for Duggan Wildbeard and Ranger Lord Hawkspear. You may be a Loremaster of the highest order, especially when it concernse high elves, but i am also adequite in such fields and if you had read my stories you would have realized they made sense and fit into the storyline. I think i am within my right as a World of Warcraft veteran that I be allowed the freedom of editing isolated pages such as these silver mobs and giving thema story with wich to breath life into them. Without a backstory they may as well be regular mobs who simply stand around and look pretty. Other mobs i have edited, and would dearly love your approval of go as follow. Harb Foulmountain (Thousand Needles) Jimmy the Bleeder (Alterac Mountains) Singer (Arathi Highlands) Duggan Wildhammer (Eastern Plagueland)
and i had also done, and you erased: Ranger Lord Hawkspear (Eastern Plaguelands) Jalinde Summerdrake (Hinterlands)
Also, i did my research and they make sense. Why else would there be a High elf outpost so close to Quel'thalas which is now a blood elf territory? Hawkspear could have played an important part in the aftermath of the conflict by defending the borders, not totally, but you know as well as i do that such sacrifice would have been necessary in order to give the High elves time to rally. And doesnt it make sense that Hawkspear and his fellows rebelled against the rise of the Blood elves? And its obviouse that in the middle of the plaguelands going south would have been difficult, if not impossible? Elves have made last stands before; if you care to recall Tyrande Whisperwind and her sentinels making a stand against the undead long enough for the Stormrage brothers to come rescue her. And on the issue of Summerdrake, obscure though it may be, i think there was also a need for an explanation there. I may have overstepped my bounds by giving her the rank of Ranger lieutenant, but the extent of the High elven military is such that i believed slipping in an officer on the side wouldnt have been impossible. If you are as wise in the ways of the remaining High elves then why hadnt you added your own story? I would have loved to hear an explanation and after waiting 3 yers for it i got fed up and made my own, as per storyline retcons.
If you do seek to make fixes on my own stories that would honor me greatly. You must understand, i bow before your wisdom, but circumstances dictate that idleness with spare tme is wasted. High elve and Blood elves are your turf, i understand this now, but you occupy a turf without machine gun mounted turrets, air defence,bunkers, land mines, or even the most basic defences against ignorance or zergling rushes. Perhaps we can work in an alliance? i can add a body to each elves carreer i come across and you can scupt the crude substance into a true work of art. We do this not for ourselves but the universe that is World of Warcraft. This is were i stand, i can do no other. Please respond below.
In compliance: Wardog8
- In no means am I a "loremaster" in any shape or form. There are other members on this site that could qualify for that positoin. I read the articles that you added (not only for the elves, but for all of the other pages you modified), and did in fact, find them nicely written, lorewise correct, and very interesting. However, this is a Wiki. While what you have posted is seemingly accurate, it is fanon nonetheless. To give an example, as far is lore is concerned, there is no information on Ranger Lord Hawkspear. The only things that are certain for him is that he is a high elf, level 60, and that his title is "Ranger Lord". besides that he spends his spawned time patrolling the Quel'Lithien Lodge. Since that is all the data there is on him, thats all the data that is put on the site. I have no grudge against fanon, but keep it on your user page.
- Oh, and btw the only reason I changed the elf pages is that those are the only ones I watch. I didn't change the others, because I felt like I should talk to you first.--Blayaden 23:14, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
- Very well, I understand though i am still forlorn on the issue. I had despretaly wanted to add my own chunk or knowledge to the warcraft lore. There is little to be gained by waiting for offical interpretation, if it is not in the coming that is to say. I merely saw that these mobs as idle acres of land, to be claimed and cultivated and to show off the labours of my work. It wouldnt have mattered if someone had changed my works completely, so long as a body remained. The utter anhilation of my hard work was simply too much to bear. I had come home after a brief trip thinking of new mobs to tag, but now i see that such cattle branding will not be tolerated. The creation of a userpage with a story side for every silver mob would be an abomination; it would be far off the beaten path and seem as little more than idle chatter rather than community backed lore. I wanted to add my own part, even if it were changed repeatedly, and am yet resentful that these lore pockets should remain barren. Oh well, ill just go do something else; please respond below.
In compliance: Wardog8
- I'm very sorry about this, but the whole point of the site is to be as accurate and non-biased as possible. It is a site for people looking up information on warcraft; wether it be WOW, rpg, or rts games. I personally liked and enjoyed the backstories you made, but this simply isn't the place for it. I'm very sorry. On the bright side, your edits are saved into the site's history, and you can retrieve what you have written by clicking on the version modified by you. To give an example of something I personally miss, check out the Silvermoon Remnant's history. It was pretty cool until we realized that it was all unverified speculation. I still like to look at it from time to time, and use it for my own stories.
- I am deeply sorry and wish you luck with your writing; you have a considerable amount of talent.--Blayaden 04:47, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
User High elf template
Your comments are desired
Hey, just wanted to solicit your opinions on whether WoWWiki should leave Wikia. Thanks! -- ( • ) 03:10, October 6, 2010 (UTC)