12/09/05 - 01/12/06
Potential Cat Team Recruit
Looks like Muert has been working on the WoW API project, so you should send him an invitation to the Cat Team, if you think its a good idea.
- --Fandyllic 11:48 AM PST 30 Dec 2005
- Oops, looks like Muert is on the API pages on the Uncategorized Pages page project.
- --Fandyllic 2:25 PM PST 30 Dec 2005
Welcome to the team!
P.S. Would you like to head up the Cat Team? Sounds like you are interested in categorization, and I need a team leader. Just leave a note on it's front page if you want to; your duties would be maintaining the team page (list of members, what you do, and perhaps a log of your actions or something) and watching the /Join page for new members and reviewing them for membership. Wanna do it?
I've seen your work on several Lore pages, so I'm fully prepared to welcome you into the Bookkeepers! I notice you're on several teams, but if you're up to handling it, that's great! I've actually got a project in mind for you... drop me an e-mail. -Ragestorm, Head Bookkeeper
There's a note concerning preliminary assignments on the talk page for The Bookkeeppers. have a look and respond. -Ragestorm, 22:29, 10 Dec, 2005 (EST)
Quote (Schmidt, earlier, somewhere else, new):
- In the interests of keeping things orderly, even at the expense of efficiency, it would be nice to have things voted on. This way we don't have to wonder if something that is found on the policy page really was arrived at with concensus. The reasoning behind me even starting the policy page (I'm very surprised no one had developed one beforehand) is that I wanted everyone to agree on it. It was poorly worded, and I had hoped that someone would be able to rewrite it by now. I hope that we can write things a little more formally (not esoterically) and vote on things as written, and if someone disagrees we can reword it before it gets to the regular policy page so that we don't have to rewrite anymore. Is this understandable? (I'm pretty tired.)
Yah... me too. But I am particularly tired of fighting against people... I can see that, although the users here are mostly young and progressive, they still seem to act somewhat like a group of museum curators... assuming that any attempt at change from outside is vandalism and not perhaps a symbol that something is wrong. I can only fight the good fight against my own side for so long... soon such a cross between the 'cold' and the 'civil' wars becomes to much for a busy man like me to handle. I am, from this posting forward, on an extended wikibreak, until such time as I mature and see that I really fucked up, and that obviously everything is my fault (as everybody else already does - doesn't that mean they must be right? but I saw it on TV mama...). Anyway, I am putting you in charge of the Community Teams project, I hope you can organize the community here into something more productive and organized than the bureaucratic nonsensical... mass it is at this time - I have been rather unsuccessful in that respect. Knowing you as well as I do (as in, not at all) I would assume you would leave some note along the lines of "slow down and be careful, and people will be easier to work with" - I can not slow down. I work at my own pace, that is precisely why I am taking a break. I wish you the best of luck with this project; and I am sure it will continue on unimpeded by the lack of organization and properly designed policy... the fact that all the information contained herein is becoming more and more fragmented and badly formated every day as more and more people post more and more info in more and more formats matters not, as the 'community will vote' upon proper policy and decide what is best... soon ,you will be beyond the point of even an army of feverish editors like me from making every article conform to whatever delayed standards you decide upon. In friendly warning, ℑilver§ℑide
- PS1: Please do not broadcast this or anything similar around... I do not wish to spawn any more drama than is necessary. This message is for those I post it to; thanks for understanding as a personal friend. If you wish to leave me a note on my talk page, make sure to send me an e-mail in tandem so I know to visit back and reply! Finally, if you (the leaders I have asked to head up the various community teams) wish to use the forums, they are still there - unlike the wiki itself, I will be checking them and changing them as per the requests of the members there. Have a nice day friends...
- Just as a side note, posting this in a public place is just as good as broadcasting it, thanks to the Recent Changes page. Even those of us not on the RC team browse the Recent Changes page. --Powerlord 01:39, 20 Dec 2005 (EST)
Mate, I am trying to bring the forums to life by getting a few of my closer wowwiki friends to register and post. I don't care what you post, so long as you just post some stuff reguarly and get a few conversations going to incite other members to register and join in. I already got schmidt in, along with hammersmith - could you register a.s.a.p.? Thankshoe mucho hehe! -- ℑilver§ℑide 20:47, 2 Jan 2006 (EST)
01/16/06 - 10/04/06
Nice Grim Batol Picture
Feel like checking out some of the other instances/not yet opened instances and taking shots of places that don't have screenshots and and pasting them in? Uldum? Any evidence of Necropolis Naxxramas ? --Xmuskrat 07:43, 16 Jan 2006 (EST)
- I'll do what I can.. isn't Naxxramas floating above Stratholme? I've never been in there, but thats what I've heard.. --Anticrash 11:38, 16 Jan 2006 (EST)
- I've heard that. Additioanlly, I've heard that there is an "future instance entrance" in Strathholme. Either of those would work. Uldum should be easy, no? --Xmuskrat 11:46, 16 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Yeah, Uldum is no problem. Strat on the other hand... I've 1) never even been in there, and 2) nor could I get in there solo for a screen. --Anticrash 11:56, 16 Jan 2006 (EST)
Seeing as how you're my Second, I think it's alright if you add some people. I'm basically accepting people who want to help out, but I'm trying check what they want to specialize in (if anything) so things don't overlap. I usually check some of their edits as well- for example, I'd seen your work on several pages, so I knew you were serious- also, I don't always get a chance to check here as often as I'd like, so if you notice someone who's asked to join and I've not responded, I leave it in your capable hands. -Ragestorm, Head Bookkeeper
The fanfic template's links are black-colored, so they cannot be seen. Can you fix it if you know what the problem is? It didn't always used to be like this.---User:TopDread 12:00 Feb 5 2006 (PST)
I think that your blank or nearly blank characters in the Roleplaying Compendium should be deleted. How is a person supposed to roleplay the character with just their character level, class and race? You should either add detailed information about them or delete them. -- 13 Feb 2006 14:00 PST User:TopDread
"Cycle of Hatred"
I've read the new book, Cycle of Hatred, in the WoW book series. The information will be counted as canon, but I think we should hold off on including information from the book for a while, to give people more time to read it, as there are some twists that shouldn't be revealed too soon. Ragestorm 23:06, 23 Feb 2006 (EST)
Back from the motha f***ing dead
Sorry for the hiatus guys.. I know I disappeared without notice, but I've been very busy lately working two jobs and going to school full-time. It's hard, but it needs to be done. Thats all for now... Anticrash 17:54, 27 March 2006 (EST)
- No biggie. When you gotta owrk, you gotta work. Glad to see you checking in. --Fandyllic 4:08 PM PST 27 Mar 2006
And when you gotta lpay, you gotta play. :-P I know how it is. Anyways, Anticrash, I would like to delete all the articles for all your minor characters. Kaindred, for one, is nominated for a delete. (It wasn't me.) Would you mind if I removed them? If you could, list the ones you wouldn't mind me deleting. It'd be nice if you'd add at least some information on them, if you want to keep them. Schmidt 00:16, 23 April 2006 (EDT)
- I'm not on enough to really maintain any of that, so if you want to delete the blank ones, feel free. I just ask that you don't delete any of the ones with any story content or background, because I haven't made copies of any of that info. Anticrash 08:54, 11 May 2006 (EDT)
Invite Varghedin to the Cat Team?
Varghedin is adding lots of content and putting the right categories, as well as doing some category moving work. Maybe you could invite him to the WoWWiki:Cat_Team? I'll try to get him to apply on the WoWWiki:Cat_Team/Join anyway. --Fandyllic 10:57 AM PDT 19 May 2006
Hey Anticrash.. I was recently setting up my profile (character info, etc) and for the life of me I cannot figure out all these wiki table stuffs, so I just copied your format. Hope you don't mind! ^^ --Pure.Wasted 20:14, 4 October 2006 (EDT)
10/04/06 - 07/09/07
Applicant for Cat Team
--Added. --Anticrash 10:29, 30 October 2006 (EST)