List of bugs I've encountered (listed beneath the most recent version I came across the bug). Feel free to remove any fixed bugs.
- Bael'dun Excavators (in Bael Modan/Barrens) flee endlessly and never come back, until they run out of combat and evade.
- Improved Unholy Presence appears in the spellbook for no (apparent) reason.
- Improved Defensive Stance doesn't state that it does not stack with Wrecking Crew or Enrage (and vice verca).
- Martyrdom does not affect Divine Hymn, Hymn of Hope or Mind Sear.
- does not consistently reflect damage (sometimes it works, sometimes it does not; exact source of problem not determined yet).
- contains a spelling error on page 1 ("moutains").
- Rain of Fire benefits neither from Spellstone nor from Firestone.
- Darkmoon Card: Wrath triggers from Lightning Shield, even though the spell cannot crit. (Intended?)
- Dispelling a reflected Vampiric Touch does not trigger the damaging effect.
- Earth Shield (even rank 1) can be used to overwrite other's (high level) shields.
- Frost Gem kills the currently targeted mob rather than the one it was used on. Hence, it can be used to kill mobs at 100% life (this action even rewards experience). A similar problem affects Unholy Gem: untargeting the quest mob rewards no Filled Unholy Gem. (Quests: and )
- Mind Flay has two hit/resistance/reflect checks (one for the channeling effect and one for each tick) and is thus penalized twice as much as any other spell.
- Omen of Clarity is triggered by casting Thorns.
- Reckoning is triggered by environmental fire damage.
- Reflected spells cause reactive spells (such as Lightning Shield and Molten Armor improved with Molten Shields) to deal damage to the wearer of the armor. [Example]
- Reflecting a full Mind Flay has no actual effect.
- There's an optical glitch of the druid's Flight Form when paired with effects which cause glowing hands (e.g. Owlkin Frenzy).
- Elemental Focus' tooltip states that it decreases the mana cost of the next two spells even when there's only one charge left.
- Acidic Strike's tooltip mentions that it reduces armor by 50%, whereas it actually reduces armor by flat 50.
- Arcane Missiles' trigger effect (the single pack of missiles) does not benefit from Magic Attunement and hence only has a range of 30 yds, whereas the channeling effect has a range of 36 yds. This can lead to a situation where the channeling effect is still maintained but no missiles are fired. As a result, Arcane Missiles seems not to fire at ranges comparable spells normally would do when already casting (I'd say app. 40 yds, although it could be more).
- Detect Invisibility's tooltip still mentions that it reveals "lesser" invisibility. [Example]
3.2.2 PTR (10257)
- Dispels can fail against targets without any dispel resistance. [Example (vs. Shaman)] [Example (vs. Mage)]
- Mind Blast does not trigger Mind Trauma when reflected.
- Mind Flay does not trigger Serrah's Star.
- Channeled abilities that cost no mana interrupt the five second rule (e.g. Evocation, Blizzard with Clearcasting).
- Steam Pump Overseer's Toughen's tooltip and combat log information differ (the first one states that it reduces damage by a flat amount whereas the second suggests a % value).
- Fang of the Crystal Spider's tooltip is not consistent with its debuff's tooltip.
- Guardian Talisman creates no combat log entry (neither when triggered nor when it fades off).
- Mind Control and Eye of Kilrogg's tooltips do not mention that the spells are channeled.
- Shadowmeld is not cancelled upon receiving damage. [Example]
- Channeled AoE spells (Blizzard, Rain of Fire) do not trigger reactive shields (Lightning Shield).
- Dispels trigger Winterfall Shaman's Lightning Shield if a different buff is removed.
- Lightning Shield from the Winterfall Shaman does not trigger Magic Absorption. This might also apply to player-cast reactive shield spells.
- Murkblood Putrifiers recast their Hurricane each time they are hit by a spell, causing them to not do any damage when hit frequently.
- Opening quests texts and accepting quests (both from items and NPCs) cancels spell channeling.
- Seed of Corruption's AoE does not trigger elemental shields (Lightning Shield, Water Shield).
- When in crow form in Zangarmarsh (Quest: As the Crow Flies) there is an optical glitch with Shadowguard, Lightning Shield and other reactive shields.
- Reflected Scorches can proc Ignite and Impact on the caster, but not Fire Vulnerability (from Improved Scorch). [Example]
- Capturing open PvP targets sometimes is not registered by the quest log.
- At Crown Guard Tower in Eastern Plaguelands, standing in a specific range allows capturing of a tower, without actually giving credit for it. [Example]
- At the Overlook in Hellfire, it is possible to not be registered by the PvP target (no bar appears), and when others cause the PvP target to be taken by your faction, you gain no credit. [Example 1] [Example 2]
- Salia casts Cause Insanity (Mind Control) on solo players, which causes all mobs involved in the fight to get out of combat and she subsequently instantly cancels the spell. [Example]
- Searing Totem attacks unfriendly mobs by itself.
- Mind Flay causes additional threat, although it is not mentioned in the tooltip.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.