|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Travel Form, formerly known as the "cheetah", is a druid shapeshifting spell learned at level 18. The form it choose depends on the environment the druid is currently in and whether flying is permitted in that area.
Modified by Edit
- Glyph of the Master Shapeshifter
- Glyph of the Shapemender
- Glyph of the Cheetah
- Glyph of the Stag
- Glyph of Travel
Tips and tactics Edit
- This form is instant cast, so it can be used to beat a strategic retreat if a fight is going badly.
- The travel form does not stack with speed enchants or speed gems, with the exception of the feral PvP 4 piece set bonus.
- Since this form is less mana consuming than Bear Form or Cat Form, its effect of breaking Polymorph and movement impairing effects makes it an excellent inexpensive escape ability.
- Selecting the Feline Swiftness talent at level 15 makes the travel form speed 161% making it just slightly faster than an apprentice mount. (201% with a Worgen's Darkflight racial)
- This form can only be used outdoors.
- You can not use abilities in this form. You are also considered a Beast, so spells that target Beasts can be used on you (Hibernate, for instance).
- Your caster form will start regaining mana 5 seconds after you change to travel form.
- Travel Form has three specific advantages over a mount.
- Unlike a mount, which players cannot use while in combat, a druid is able to shift into travel form while fighting either a mob or another player.
- Travel Form is instantly cast, making it even better for those sticky situations. With Travel Form, druids are able to escape from nearly any fight or simply put distance between themselves and their attackers practically whenever they wish.
- As with any form, herbs may be harvested through herbalism, dead beasts can be skinned through skinning. This makes it an excellent way to achieve the fastest results with a gathering profession.
It is widely speculated that the original intention was for this form to be a stag but was changed at the last minute. This is evidenced through the odd hoof-shaped icon, and the fact that while the other forms (except Tree of Life Form) have unique skins, cheetahs that look identical to travel form exist in the game.
Video EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
- Druid Stag Travel Form
Courtesy of MMO Champion
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Travel Form now automatically transitions between Aquatic, Land, and Flight forms depending on the Druid’s location.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Now uses a stag model rather than cheetah as default.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.; Druid forms now have an Archaeology Survey animation.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Can now be learned at level 16.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Shapeshifting will now counteract the slowing effects of frost-based spells (Frostbolt, Frost Shock, Cone of Cold, etc.). Druid shapeshift form buttons are no longer dimmed while under the effects of Polymorph.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Shapeshifting into an animal form will now remove Polymorph effects.
- Beta News