|Role||Lead Game Designer (Game Systems)|
|"Personally I intend the average guild be |---------------------------------| organized (but no more or less than that)"|
Tom Chilton (aliases Kalgan and Evocare) is a Game Director and Lead Game Designer currently working on Blizzard Entertainment's MMORPG World of Warcraft. With Rob Pardo and Jeffrey Kaplan, he was one of three lead designers on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. He is currently working on the fourth expansion, World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.
He previously worked as a lead designer for Origin Systems on MMORPG Ultima Online. He is credited with three Ultima Online expansions: Ultima Online: Third Dawn, Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge and Ultima Online: Age of Shadows. He left Origin Systems in 2004 after Electronic Arts disbanded the studio. He joined Blizzard Entertainment to work on World of Warcraft and was on a team of six game designers.
Tom Chilton has made appearances at Blizzard Entertainment's BlizzCon 2005, 2007, and 2011 events. At BlizzCon 2005, he was on the developer panels for discussions about character classes, dungeon creation, raids, and battlegrounds. At BlizzCon 2007, he was on the developer panels for discussions about classes, PvP, user interface and mods, and professions and items.
As one of the lead designers for World of Warcraft, he often bears the brunt of players' anger about perceived gameplay problems.
He occasionally says not Greg Street after introducing himself, because of his similar appearance to him.
- ^ Tom Chilton. Retrieved on 2008-02-27.
- ^ a b "World of Warcraft: Intro to Mists of Pandaria" preview panel (featuring Tom Chilton, Game Director; Cory Stockton , Lead Content Designer; and Greg Street, Lead Systems Designer) at BlizzCon 2011
- ^ WoW -> Info -> Burning Crusade Credits. Retrieved on 2008-04-12.
- ^ MobyGames - Tom Chilton. Retrieved on 2008-03-21.
- ^ WoW -> Info -> Classic Credits. Retrieved on 2008-04-12.