He begins the fight as a skeletal serpent with a few abilities:
- Shadowbolt (2000 damage)
- Curse of Life (Drains 50% of the enemy's health.)
At certain intervals he uses Decay Flesh, which drains party members' health and turns Tharon'ja into a mortal Windserpent while turning the players into undead skeletons. When in this form, the skeleton players have four spells, in order of how they show up on the bar.
- Slaying Strike: Instant cast, 8 yard range, requires melee weapon, inflicts about normal weapon damage.1 sec cooldown.
- Taunt: Instant cast, 10 yard range, taunts the creature, increasing the chance that it will attack the caster.
- Bone Armor: Instant cast, encases the caster in bone armor, absorbing 4163 to 4837 damage for 10 sec. While the armor holds, spellcasting cannot be interrupted by physical attacks. 10 second cooldown.
- Touch of Life: Instant cast, 20 yard range, steals 1900 to 2100 life from target enemy. 5 second cooldown.
When in mortal Windserpent form, Tharon'ja will occasionally cast a ground-targeted AoE, which does 800 to 900 Nature damage per tick to any player standing in the area. It can be avoided by simply moving around and out of that area.
After a certain percentage of damage is done in this form, everyone switches back. Tharon'ja's switch to mortal Windserpent form and back to skeletal form are both aggro wipes. The cycle repeats until he is dead.
Alternate Strategy: This fight done with two or more hunters, the pets will continue to attack even during the skeletal phase, which will nuke the boss down in seconds, just be sure to rotate taunts between party members, and each time the skeletal phase is about to begin and as soon as it ends to cast mend pet, or cast Heart of the Phoenix if you are specced into it mid-fight if your pet gets low on health, and the fight is over in no time
- "Tharon'ja sees all! The work of mortals shall not end the eternal dynasty!"
Casting Decay Flesh:
- "Your flesh serves Tharon'ja now!"
- "Tharon'ja has a use for your mortal shell!"
Upon slaying a player:
- "As Tharon'ja predicted."
- "As it was written."
When players turn into skeletons:
- "No! A taste... all too brief!"
- "Tharon'ja will have more!"
- "Im... impossible! Tharon'ja is eternal! Tharon'ja... is..."