He begins the fight as a skeletal serpent with a few abilities:
- Shadowbolt (2000 damage)
- Curse of Life (Drains 50% of the enemy's health.)
At certain intervals he uses Decay Flesh, sucking the player's lives and turning him into a mortal Windserpent while turning the players into undead skeletons When in this form, the skeleton players have four spells:
- Touch of Life: Instant cast, 20 yard range, steals 1900 to 2100 life from target enemy. 5 second cooldown.
- Bone Armor: Instant cast, encases the caster in bone armor, absorbing 4163 to 4837 damage for 10 sec. While the armor holds, spellcasting cannot be interrupted by physical attacks. 10 second cooldown.
- Taunt: Instant cast, 10 yard range, taunts the creature, increasing the chance that it will attack the caster.
- Slaying Strike: Instant cast, 8 yard range, requires melee weapon, inflicts normal damage plus 602 to 698 to an enemy. 1 sec cooldown.
After a certain percentage of damage is done in this form, everyone switches back. The cycle repeats until he is dead.
Encounter in Drak'Tharon Keep
- "Tharon'ja sees all! The work of mortals shall not end the eternal dynasty!"
Casting Decay Flesh:
- "Your flesh serves Tharon'ja now!"
- "Tharon'ja has a use for your mortal shell!"
Upon slaying a player:
- "As Tharon'ja predicted."
- "As it was written."
When players turn into skeletons:
- "No! A taste... all too brief!"
- "Tharon'ja will have more!"
- "Im... impossible! Tharon'ja is eternal! Tharon'ja... is..."