The Long March is chapter 2 of the Orc campaign, The Invasion of Kalimdor.
- 5 Harpy Scouts
- 1 Harpy Rogue
- 1 Harpy Storm-hag
- 1 Harpy Queen
- 3 Lightning Lizards
- 2 Murloc Nightcrawlers
- 6 Murloc Tiderunners
- 1 Thunder Lizard
- 5 Pigs
The Long March
Two days later, upon the desolate plains of the Barrens...
- The player starts with this quest
- Lead the caravan to the first oasis
- Lead the caravan to the second oasis
- Lead the caravan to the third oasis
- Thrall, Cairne and the caravan must survive
- There are three oases along the caravan's route. Clear a path to them so that the burdened Kodos can stop and rest briefly before continuing their journey.
- The player receives this quest after the caravan is attacked
- Protect the caravan
- At least 2 Kodo Beasts must survive
- Cairne must survive
- You must protect the Tauren caravan from attack by the merciless Centaur herds.
- Thrall - This land is rugged and beautiful, much like the place from which my people originally come.
- Cairne Bloodhoof - Yes. We tauren have always held a great respect for the works of the Earth Mother. There are far worse fates than living freely upon the open plains, young warchief.
- Thrall - Perhaps. But my people deserve a land to call their own, Cairne.
- Grunt - Warchief, we've spotted a herd of marauders bearing down on us!
- Thrall - Cairne, the kodos are overburdened and must rest. Why don't you remain here and protect the caravan while we search for a suitable oasis?
- Cairne Bloodhoof - Ha! There's no need to coddle me, boy. I may be old, but I'm not helpless.
- Thrall - Assume defensive positions! Lok-Tar Ogar! Let none stand in our way!
- Cairne Bloodhoof - Hold your formations! The kodos must be protected!
- Cairne Bloodhoof - They shall not catch the tauren unprepared!
- Cairne Bloodhoof - The centaur have returned! We're under attack!
- Thrall - Throm-Ka, warrior. You're from the Warsong, are you not?
- Grunt - Yes, Warchief. Hellscream sent our party to find you, but we were separated when the horse men attacked.
- Thrall - Don't worry, We'll find them. For now, drink from the pool. The spirits of this place will replenish your strength.
- Cairne Bloodhoof - The marauders attack again! Stand and fight, my brethren!
- Raider - Hail, Warchief! How may we serve you?
- Harpy Queen - Come, sisters! It's been too long since we feasted on outlander flesh!
- Thrall - I wouldn't advise it, ladies. Once my wolf riders bring you to the ground, you'll have little chance against us!
- Thrall - The oasis at last!
- Thrall - Warsong catapults! Those could be useful.
- Cairne Bloodhoof - This pass leads straight to Mulgore, but I fear the caravan will be overrun before it reaches the other side.
- Thrall - Cairne! The caravan will never make it in time!
- Cairne Bloodhoof - Let the fury of the Earth Mother deal with these wretches as they deserve!
- Cairne Bloodhoof - They will trouble us no more. And you, young warchief, are free to continue your quest.
- Thrall - To the Oracle. What is it?
- Cairne Bloodhoof - Legends say that it saw the strands of fate as they were woven by the Earth Mother. It alone can show you your destiny.
- Thrall - Where will I find it?
- Cairne Bloodhoof - Far to the north, near the shadowy base of Mount Hyjal, lies Stonetalon Peak. You will find the Oracle within the peak's hollow. I will send my finest kodos to aid you in your journey.
- Thrall - Thank you, Cairne. I will not forget you.
- Cairne Bloodhoof - Go with honor, young warchief. May the Earth Mother smile upon you.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.