- Level: 60+
- # of Players: 40
- Location: Southern Silithus, Kalimdor
- Released: Patch 1.9
- Abbreviation: AQ40 or TAQ
Players will access it via the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, the area before the instances with portals to both Ruins of Ahn'qiraj and Temple of Ahn'qiraj.
The Temple_of_Ahn'Qiraj is Currently the toughest dungeon in WoW. It should only be attempted by guilds that have already mastered Blackwing Lair.
For history and lore details, see Ahn'Qiraj.
The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj is more scaling in difficulty than other instance. The first few bosses are on par with the harder bosses in Molten Core and the last bosses are harder than anything you find in Blackwing Lair.
Nature resistance is particularly important in this instance for many bosses. Equipment is important, but many encounter will be possible to beat with sheer wits. Greater Nature Protection Potions are clearly of use here.
Getting to the Instance Portal
There is no key required to enter the Ahn'Qiraj temple instance, nor is there any trash outside of it. Upon going through the Scarab Wall gate in southern Silithus, follow the path to the right to the instance portal.
The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event is currently on to gain access to this instance (Jan 4 2005).
- Obsidian Eradicator
- Anubisath Sentinels
- Vekniss Warrior and Vekniss Borer
- Qiraji Brainwasher
- Vekniss Gaurdian
- The Prophet Skeram
- Princess Yauj, Vem and Kri
- Battleguard Sartura
- Fankriss the Unyielding
- Princess Huhuran
- Twin Emperors: Vek'lor and Vek'nilash
- Ouro the Sandworm
The loot in AQ40 comes from:
- killing bosses
- killing mobs
- quest rewards. Good reputation with Brood of Nozdormu is required to complete these quests, in much the same way as Zandalar Tribe reputation is required for Zul'Gurub quest rewards. It's possible to access these quest NPC after having killed the Prophet Skeram.
If AQ40 uses a loot system like AQ20, details of these tokens, quest rewards and reputation levels should go here, organised by class.
Quests with item rewards should go in the loot section, above.
This section should list:
- quest chains which should be done before entering the instance, and possibly climax within it
- quests which are completed within