BillyZ - 20060329: Changed the Additional information piece. VE ONLY heals from damage done by the caster who cast VE. Only a shadow priests Shadow Weaving applies to other caster's shadow damage.
Request for info to be added to the page.
- Does VE healing generate threat?
--Dorenthas 10:30, 10 November 2006 (EST)
- VE's healing effect does definitely generate threat. It should be consisted with other healing effects and be affected by Shadow Affinity, however I'm not sure of these two points. --bfx 02:40, 15 January 2007 (EST)
Does the other threat talent Silent Resolve reduce the healing threat? I know it does not reduce to threat from shadow damage anymore (as of patch 2.0.10), but it's still use ful if it reduced the healing part of VE --User:Iznobad 13:49, 30 March 2007 (CET)
According to the Omen author, VE's healing threat is affected by Silent Resolve and not Shadow Affinity. http://community.livejournal.com/worldofwarcraft/6267165.html?thread=106290461#t106290461 (You can find it behaving this way if you peek in Threat-1.0's source code too.) --User:Cecelia 21:57, 29 Oct 2007 (ADT)
Self vs party healing
I wonder if anyone can verify that the priest receives the combined healing effect of 15% plus 3% from being in one's own party. I recall (on my priest) seeing two healing amounts, but I didn't do the math, and it's possible I was getting a 12% and 3% heal (to get the total of 15% expected just for myself). Also, is there any indication whether this is as intended, or a bug?
Related: The article states that VE from two priests does not stack. I assume this means this: Say two priests A & B (in a group) cast VE on the same target. When priest A causes shadow damage, priest A gets the 15% heal, and priest B gets 3%, the same as if priest B had not cast VE, or indeed was not even a priest. But priest B does not get the 15% heal from priest A's VE. And vice versa. But both priests' VEs can be on the target at once, right? -- Harveydrone 20:43, 26 May 2009 (UTC)