I've noticed that captured pets come in a number of flavors in their stats. For example the Flayer Youngling can have:
- 1) average health, high power, low speed
- 2) low health, average power, average speed
- 3) high health, average power, high speed
Not all pets fall into the above 3 flavors though, for example the Rapana Welk will always have slightly more power than speed, and hares will always have either same or higher speed than power. On my search for a Lost of Lordaeron with differing stats I could only find 2:
- 1) Level 2, 217 health, 23 power, 19 speed
- 2) Level 2, 237 health, 22 power, 18 speed
As you can see they have a similar power and speed, but the first has much less health than the second. I plan to test these 2 pets by leveling them up and seeing whether the amount of power and speed remains similar or if there will be any big changes.
You may wonder why bother having pets with differing health, power and speed. In pve situations having a pet with high speed means you will almost always go first, which is useful when battling NPC pet tamers. However in pvp having a pet with high power is more preferred, I'm not sure why this is but this is what I've been suggested.—This unsigned comment is by Geekgirl101 (talk • contribs) 09:39 January 20, 2013. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Thanks for figuring this stuff out. Maybe you could post more info on what you discover at the World of Warcraft forum.
- So far my generall strategy has been to level up 2 healing pets and outheal my opponents. I'm sure this will stop working at some point... -- (talk · contr) 21 Jan 2013 10:58 AM Pacific
New Source for WoW Pet Battle Information!
A new all-things-pet-battle-related website has just been launched!
Wowpetbattle.com is your go-to source for PVP pet battle team compositions , guides on all Grand Masters , Pandaren Spirits and Beasts of Fable questlines ! There is even a map route to show you a most efficient way to get all 19 "Sack of Pet Supply" bags each and every day in just about an hour as well as helpful information on from 1-25! The site offers strategies in both text and videos. New content is being added consistently so be sure to check back often!