Anyone Hunt Here?Edit
Has anyone ever quested in this zone in WoW? Where does it lead to?
Can somebody take a screenshot of the entrance? --Xmuskrat 15:57, 13 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Screenshots that don't include a player's model are much preferred. -- (talk) 21:21, 4 October 2006 (EDT)
Instance someday? Edit
On a scale of one to ten, what are the chances this will become an instance one day... eleven? Very nice! Deathwing raid boss FTW :) ~Peregrine
- If the ending to Night of the Dragon is any indication, Grim Batol might be where we'll fight Deathwing. (Omega2010 (talk) 03:27, 21 November 2008 (UTC))
- So at the end of the Battle of Grim Batol, Deathwing flew away in defeat, came back sometime later through the red dragonflight defenses and got back into Grim Batol? Or are you talking about Deathwing coming back someday and a big fight occuring? Rolandius (talk - contr) 04:30, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
- That first one is pretty much what happened. ~My rage bar is blue and I start the fight pissed - Peregrine 17:39, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
"The eastern section of Wetlands is reserved for a special, max level quest event. The event is not currently in the beta." .. It's almost 4 years ago that Tigole said this. Is there anything ingame yet or have they scrapped it? Privatekey 21:59, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
- .--User:Sandwichman2448/Sig 22:41, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Have you guys seen this? It's written on the very top of Grim Batol peak. I wonder if there's any NPC in that camp... User:Varghedin/Sig 16:02, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
- I have a means to get there... Let's say you don't want to know how. I'll try tonight.-- (talk) 16:13, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
- No, as you can see, there's only me. More seriously, I've checked, there's no one there.-- (talk) 19:32, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
- So that's how Rhonin tried to get down at first ;) --Maibe 00:36, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
The article says that something powerful may be inside Grim Batol. Maybe someone did something to a former Red Dragon Consort and turned him into some crazy creature with the Demon Orb. Or an Old God was partly summoned with the Demon Orb by Nekros Skullcrusher. It could be a reason they don't want to let anyone near. Rolandius (talk - contr) 04:44, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
- Have the feeling the story will end up being the Red Dragonflight knew Deathwing was in Grim Batol and have been searching for him in all the tunnels. Seems pretty likely to me that Grim Batol will end up being the 'secret raid' after Ulduar. I wonder if we would end up killing Neltharion like Malygos though or if he would just be defeated and run again. Leviathon (talk) 17:24, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ignore this if you don't want spoilers for Night of the Dragon but the book basically sets the stage for Grim Batol to be used as a new den for Deathwing and his experiments with the Twilight Dragonflight. Since there are already Twilight Dragons at the Obsidian Sanctum defending Sartharion it would make sense that Deathwing has repopulated Grim Batol with his "children". --Terawatt (talk) 17:32, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
- The lore is pretty specific that the "evil taint" in Grim Batol was caused by the death of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan's wife Modgud. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 01:42, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
An Old God?Edit
It seems to me to be somewhat likely that it is an Old God that is the true source of the evil of Grim Batol. I offer the following (some of which can also be attributed to the death of Tharissan's Wife as an alternative):
- Everyone who comes near Grim Batol senses its evil.
- The Red Dragons who stood guard over it were driven mad - the whispers of the Old Gods are known to do this.
- Sinestra hears whispers in her head - at first it is assumed to be her own insanity, then perhaps Deathwing manipulating her. However, the Old Gods are the ones with the most known history in whispers.
- The tunnels under Grim Batol are apparently even older than the Dark Iron Dwarves - who, then dug them, and where do they lead?
- The very wildlife began to flee from the evil of Grim Batol - could such instinctive fear be caused even by Sinestra's "experiments"? Or perhaps, the stirrings of an Old God?
- Vereesa, at one point, hears faint voices in the passageway - this is never explained fully nor explored further, however it is assumed they were Skardyn or Dragonkin despite the fact that the passages seemed to be deserted. If not Skardyin or Dragonkin, then who?
I don't know, it just seems to me that the evidence is piling up. ~My rage bar is blue and I start the fight pissed - Peregrine 05:38, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- During the dungeons panel in BlizzCon, when they cited the new 5man instance in Blackrock Mountain, they said "The beast still lurks...", making reference to something big, perhaps an Old God. Also, this instance is populated by the Twilight's Hammer, not only followers of Deathwing, but also the Old Gods as well. There might be an Old God imprisoned beneath Grim Batol or the Blackrock Mountain, maybe the very same source of whisperings that drove some of the exiled Highborne mad in Tirisfal.Orisai (talk) 09:55, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
Sorry for the fast change, I read the reason after clicking Edit.
Even if Cataclysm is not out yet, Blizz reconted the fact that Grim Batol is in the Wetlands to place it in the Twilight Highlands (probably just moving the border a bit east to adapt the fact that Wetlands will most likely be flooded). So shouldn't we let it as Blizzard says it will be?
Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 08:11, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
- It doesn't really matter to me either way. I just thought it was kinda weird to label it in Twilight Highlands, when Twilight Highlands doesn't exist in game yet.--TheUltimate (talk) 13:10, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Does not exist in-game no, but "in-lore" it exists know that Blizz presented it.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 17:15, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
I suggest we move this article to Grim Batol (lore) or something similar and move Grim Batol (instance) here. Or... since this article is relatively small, a merger. I really want to get away from using parenthesis on new content. User:Coobra/Sig4 06:41, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Then we should move Icecrown Citadel to Icecrown Citadel (lore), like Grim Batol the dungeon might be more viewed than the lore.
- IMO, simple reorganization would be enough.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 07:05, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I would love that, same with nexus and utgarde ... and whatever ever other place we did it to. User:Coobra/Sig4 07:07, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- No, I have no issue with how we're handling the bosses... just the locations. User:Coobra/Sig4 19:28, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Isn't it basically the same issue, though? In the past we've always left the lore page at the main namespace and used parentheses for the other pages. Why would locations be any different than characters? In fact, do we even have any pages at all with (lore) at the end? -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 19:30, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- It was just an example, if you can think of a better name that's fine. We haven't had to move locations before, so we don't have a term we can just fall back on and say that's what we've done before. What I really want is just a merger. User:Coobra/Sig4 19:37, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Grim Batol is both a sub zone and an instance. It would be incorrect to merge the two. I don't know or care about any precedent for how to handle it (and it has been delt with many times before) but it seems proper for the articles to remain as they are now. -- <imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_zeal.png%7CUser:Zealvurte</imagelink><imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_talk.png|User talk:Zealvurte</imagelink><imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_contribs.png%7CSpecial:Contributions/Zealvurte</imagelink><imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_end.png|User:Zealvurte</imagelink> 22:06, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- As it is, the article talks about the subzone, fortress, zone, and instance hub. So it already more than one article. User:Coobra/Sig4 23:16, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- The way I see it, if we're going to split it we should really only have two pages: Grim Batol [lore, subzone, instance hub] and Grim Batol (instance) [5-man dungeon of the same name]. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 23:28, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- What I'm interested to know is... will it still be a subzone of wetlands, or just be combined into the Twilight Highlands. User:Coobra/Sig4 23:32, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Grim Batol will be located in the Twilight Highlands. The mountain and its close region will most likely be called "Grim Batol" too. (File:TwilightHighlands.jpg)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 07:04, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't approve of this. You'd want to split every other instance into one lore page and one about the in-game info with bosses, loot etc? No thanks, I'd rather have it as it is right now, with the complexes (Icecrown Citadel, Nexus) as one article and the named instances (Icecrown Citadel (instance), The Nexus (instance)) as another. --User:Gourra/Sig2 07:30, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- You'd want to split every other instance into one lore page and one about the in-game info with bosses, loot etc? Is not at all what I said, and that is how it is now anyway with the Nexus and ICC. I want and will try to say this more clearly... Either the pages to be merged or the main instance (that uses the same name) be the more important page (that is without the parenthesis). User:Coobra/Sig4 17:46, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- There's no such thing as "merging" the instance name with the complex - it's like saying the instance and the building of Icecrown Citadel is the same, which is not the case (there's also the Frozen Halls). And what would moving the lore page to a different page accomplish? It's just one mouse-click away to get to the instance page. --User:Gourra/Sig2 06:54, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
- The idea is to do the same thing we did for Vortex Pinnacle and Vortex Pinnacle (subzone).
- Until the dungeon was announce, Vortex Pinnacle was about the subzone.
- When the dungeon was announced, as the dungeon was going to be more searched than the subzone, the subzone received parenthesis, while the dungeon took the mainspace.
- We have no stats, but instances like, Utgarde, The Nexus, ICC and Grim Batol would most likely be more searched than their corresponding lore.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 17:55, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't see what that has anything to do with it - a subzone and an instance that are completely unrelated to each other should obviously have distinguished names. Regarding the complex vs instance, see above. And is it just me, or does people come here mainly to read up on the lore of Warcraft? --User:Gourra/Sig2 06:54, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I would say that many people come here for boss strats, but I cannot source it with numbers.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 07:01, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
- We're not discussing about the boss naming here, just the instance/complex names. --User:Gourra/Sig2 09:29, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I meant Boss strats/instance, what do people search more? Lore about ICC or details on the Raid?
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 09:45, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
- It's not lore vs. instance though. It's zone vs. instance. Instance pages have no strats, but they do provide the jump to the boss encounter pages that do. -- <imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_zeal.png%7CUser:Zealvurte</imagelink><imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_talk.png|User talk:Zealvurte</imagelink><imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_contribs.png%7CSpecial:Contributions/Zealvurte</imagelink><imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_end.png|User:Zealvurte</imagelink> 10:31, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
The long strip of land is not and never was an entire Grim Batol zone - Dark T Zeratul
- Hmm? This map sure made it look like it. User:Coobra/Sig4 23:39, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- For what I known, the map is going to be extended there, and the zone hereby marked as "Grim Batol" will disapear. (File:Cataclysmzonelocations.jpg)
- Grim Batol will also only be located in the Twilight Highlands. (File:TwilightHighlands.jpg)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 07:02, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
Heh... "Though the environment has been given many names throughout its history, it's only been dubbed "Twilight" thanks to the dominance of its current masters.". Seems that's one way to explain the name change, if it was originally called Grim Batol in the RPG. User:Coobra/Sig4 18:12, July 10, 2010 (UTC)