Could someone clarify that last sentence: "not similar to his father from this side..." What does that mean?--Ragestorm 22:43, 15 October 2006 (EDT)
- At the end of the article, where it says "Greatmother may be Garrosh's mother"... This is false. Greatmother is actually the Grandmother of Thrall, although it is not apparent on which side. Chaztheweird 12:05, 23 October 2006 (CDT)
- I'll change it in that case... I wonder how will Thrall react to knowing. And the last sentence is supposed to mean that Garrosh doesn't have a similar personality to Grom's... I'll change that as well =D --Tysar 04:25, 22 October 2006 (EDT)
- "Orc Clan leaders are refered to as Chieftains, while the leader of all Clans is called a Warchief" Think we should change the part about Grom, since he wasn't the Warchief but the Chieftain of the Warsong Clan
"The Drained Chieftain"
- Well he certainly does look like he's drained of all hope.At least before Thrall came to Draenor he seemed like the most incompetent leader in the history of orcs.......I like Jorin Deadeye better(Andy91)
- It also would make no sense in the continuity, since he isn't drained at the end of the Burning Crusade . 02:46, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
- No need to shout Ragestorm i didn't include it in the article....shees(Andy91)
- I'm not shouting. Shouting is done in all caps. Italics denote an ominous tone. -- (talk · contr) 14:36, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
- Hey Rage, I'm Italic don't exploit me, pls! :P --N'Nanz 15:27, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
Change in Wrath of the lich king
- After a he finds out that his father was a hero, and since he was depressed because he thought Grom was evil and doomed the orcs that cures him. -Don Quijote (Talk) 04:45, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
yep, he most likely will be the future Warcheif, provided Blizzard makes a big battle in Northrend that Garrosh leades the Horde and is a hero, but doesnt die like his father!--Sig:User: Maelstrong 17:11, 22 December 2008 (UTC) Oh that could be a good poll, who do u think will be the future Warchief.
- Blizzard hasn't shown any sign of killing off Thrall yet, and he clearly has a large role to play in the events in Northrend.-- (talk · contr) 18:36, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- I know i'm just saying that Garrosh Hellscream can defeat THrall in a Duel showing that Garrosh could kill Thrall and assume postion as Warchief, but this is only likely if the new horde has the same politics of choosing a Warchief as the Old Horde.--Sig:User: Maelstrong 18:39, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'd rather not, in this case. Speculation should be well-supported and have a purpose (this one is well-supported to an extent, but is not that purposeful given that Thrall's death isn't imminent), and should preferably not need to take up more than a few lines. We're still in the midst of an extreme speculation cutback.-- (talk · contr) 18:50, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ok well while were still fresh on this topic, i'd like to make a Fanfiction page, how do i do that?--Sig:User: Maelstrong 19:03, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Just wanted to throw in my two cents, but I don't think that just because someone can kill Thrall, that means that they're fit to be Warchief (or will become Warchief at all, for that matter).
- I mean, all the orcs, tauren, and trolls would probably go ballistic over Garrosh killing Thrall. They'd most likely just hang Garrosh for treason, rather then letting him be Warchief. After all, the Horde isn't nearly as barbaric as it was during the First and Second Wars.
- Not to mention, anyone who becomes a big leader needs good leadership skills. Garrosh doesn't necessarily have good leadership skills, as the first time he was the leader (when he was chieftan of the Mag'har), he pretty much flunked his duties in favor of just sitting around all day being emo, and the second time (leading the Warsong Offensive), he's a bloodthirsty berserker who cares for nothing but battle.
Thrall vs Orgim/ Thrall vs Garrosh
hey i'm bringing up the whole possiblty that Garrosh Hellscream is fitted to be warchief. I was just reading Lord of the Clans and theres a similarity to Thralls duel with Orgrim and Garrosh. Well first off Thrall lost both duels, so Garrosh actually defeated thrall pretty well. So if someone wants to add in there that those two duels are similar events then that would be awesome-- Maelstrong 02:18, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry but WoWwiki articles are no place to present a whole lot of theorycraft, even moreso because of how this particular subject will lead to nothing conclusive or constructive. 04:00, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thrall won the duel with Orgrim. And he didn't lose to Garrosh, either. Just look at the comics. They were fighting hand to hand (no shamanism) until Saurfang came in and said the Lich King was attacking, then Thrall knocked Garrosh on his ass and one-shot a necropolis.Skreeran (talk) 20:09, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
- It's pretty clear, I think, that Blizzard is setting up a leadership conflict between Garrosh and Thrall. There is, of course, the world event that preceded the launch of Wrath, in which Thrall promises an end to his fight with Garrosh. And now we have the official Blizzard Ulduar promo video, which shows Garrosh being insubordinate (again) and insulting toward Thrall. This is conjecture, so I don't think it should be put on the main Garrosh page, but certainly as we discuss the character, these events appear to be fleshing out his story arc very clearly. What this will lead to... who knows? Garrosh is a jerk, though, so I hope he eventually gets the whooping he has coming. Knowing Blizzard, he'll probably be given a chance to redeem his bloodline. ;) --Benefice2 (talk) 18:59, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
some new pics
someone wanna add these new pics to the page? I would but.... it would look bad lol!--Maelstrong 14:24, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Warchief of the Horde
I'd like to see another source for this information (as it was first datamined). I don't believe a wow.com link is enough.
Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 14:22, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
- WoW.com doesn't say he is WarChief of the Horde, and neither does the article. WoW.com is posting information from a PC Gamer UK preview.
- From the WoW.com article: "PC Gamer UK was lucky enough to get the chance to grill Blizzard about the upcoming Cataclsym expansion, and they came away with quite a bit of new information, which is available in their latest issue, as well as as in the PC Gamer Podcast." --WarlockSoL (talk) 14:24, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Fact is that those info were datamined the first time, and then spread on all WoW websites.
- So PC Gamer UK claiming they have this "exclusive info" from Blizz is not really good to me.
- So I'm still waiting to know (an admin around here?) if a wow.com link is enough to post such statements. (but yes they are true, I read datamining too)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 14:30, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Ok ok. Sorry for my precautions!
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 14:51, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
- The discussion continues at Forum:Cataclysm#Garrosh:_new_warchief_or_just_leader.3F.AMBER(RΘCK) 07:43, October 7, 2009 (UTC)
I've been gone along time, i dont care if you delete my account but i'd like to say this..... I TOLD YOU HE WOULD BECOME WARCHIEF!!!!!!!!!!--Maelstrong 23:53, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
jez, your so worked up on the whole catacylsm business that you havent even added patch 3.2 data... well i already took care of that, except someone needs to add quotes from the Trail of the Champion and Trail of the Crusader--Maelstrong 15:21, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
Beyond the Dark Portal
shouldnt the stuff from BtDP be added? Like how Karagath Bladefist visited Garad and insulted Garrosh, that would expand Garroshs character--Maelstrong 15:29, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
- The hordes of wowwiki editing slaves are currently out to lunch. Maybe you should add it? 16:40, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
i'm working on it, i'm trying to find/get a good summary from forums.--Maelstrong 16:42, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Gotcha, yea just saw your edits. Sorry bout that, I just start seeing red when i think someones upset the wiki isn't up to date not realizing theres no magical program that scans World of Warcraft websites, books, etc... and automaticly updates the articles. 16:47, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
no problem, i'll have the info updated onto the article when i get it.--Maelstrong 16:56, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
When he got into a fight with Varian, what did Thrall do afterwards? Theoretically, he could have stayed as Jaina and, I think, Rhonin would have welcomed the allies. But I suppose leaving Garrosh to his own devices could have caused trouble. BobNamataki (talk) 11:11, November 10, 2009 (UTC)
- When Thrall proclaims "You disappoint me, Garrosh", Garrosh is already on his way out of the Citadel. In the next shot, the Citadel is shown to be empty besides the presence of Jaina and Rhonin. Everyone else has gone. AMBER(ЯΘ<K) 11:37, November 10, 2009 (UTC)
Leader of the Horde
While it appears he will in fact take up the title, he is not leader of the Horde yet, therefore, I don't think the infobox at the bottom of the page should say he is, especially since it doesn't say he is in his infobox. My understanding is that those boxes are used to show positions they've held both past and present, not future. Based on some of the other stuff, it looks like he may take over whenever Thrall gets captured by the Alliance (Goblin starting zone stuff), and since that hasn't happened yet, I don't think we can give him the title. Therefore, I don't think this box should reflect the change until it happens in-universe (comics/game/book). Same with Thrall's page (as it lists Garrosh as the "succeeded by"). Just my opinion. Vund223 (talk) 16:33, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
- Garrosh actually becomes the new warchief when thrall resigns to become leader (or important memeber of the order of tirisfal) He is asked by Malfurion stormrage, but actually Orgrimmar is destroyed and it's either being rebuilt or a new orc city is built over the course of the expansion.. Garrosh boots everyone but orcs and tauren out of central "Orgrimmar/new orc city" but yeah he probably makes Trolls, Blood elves, Undead, Goblins pretty mad.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Arayaa (talk • contr).
- Yeah, actually Medivh's son Med'an is currently the Guardian of Tirisfal, and Rhegar Earthfury is the Shaman representative on the Council of Tirisfal in place of Thrall (who Jaina asked to join). It's been confirmed Thrall will appear on the Lost Isles during the Goblin intro quests in some form of prison. Based on that, it looks like the Alliance will somehow capture Thrall, and Garrosh will take over in his absence. And Malfurion Stormrage has no power over the Council, and will actually be returning to protect the remains of Nordrassil from a reborn Ragnaros. Vund223 (talk) 21:21, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
My friend's friend, who works for Blizzard told him this and he told me... Apparently Blizzard changed or edited it because Orgrimmar does get destroyed... with most of Durotar.. by volcanoes Tsunamis or some sort.... Read up before you call it a "rumor" unless blizzard decided to lie :) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Arayaa (talk • contr).
- Given that nothing official has been posted on this matter, yes, it's a rumor. And given that there's no way for us to prove that your friend's friend works for Blizzard (and, likely, your friend hasn't proven this to you, either), that's not exactly a credible source. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 01:24, January 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes well actually it does say DUROTAR IS RAVAGED... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Arayaa (talk • contr).
- So's the rest of the world. And "Durotar is ravaged" is a far cry from "Orgrimmar gets destroyed." Unless you can find an OFFICIAL source for this information, please stop spreading rumors. Also, please sign your posts on talk pages by typing ~ four times. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 02:07, January 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes well actually it does say DUROTAR IS RAVAGED... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Arayaa (talk • contr).
If Garrosh really does become the leader of the Horde in Cataclysm, I hope it means Thrall and Varian shake hands, sign a cease fire and proceed to kill him. I think it would make a neat raid. Tanooki1432 (talk) 04:22, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Forsaking my usual "this is not a forum" response, I shall instead /agree. -- (talk · contr) 22:49, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
- I can't believe I'm actually reading Ragestorm saying yes to a forum discussion
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 08:08, March 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree, I have a feeling that Garrosh will become a major raid in the future where you help the horde and thrall retake Orgrimmar from him. Varrock Saurfang will probably be the one to lead the attack since he stated that he wold kill him should garrosh ever start to lead the horde down its old war paths again. I in truth really really want to kill Garrosh since the guy is a bloody git. Dragoon13570 (talk) 16:52, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
Action Figure / New Design
At Toy Fair, a new action figure of Garrosh was unveiled. It was revealed along with a few other new figures, including a goblin, a worgen, and Thrall stepping on a dragon's skull in a victory pose.
Anyway, the new design is light-brown skinned Mag'har with black tattoos on his chest, back, and arms, and what appears to be a black tattoo on his lower jaw (just like Grom). He's also weilding Gorehowl and is wearing a pit lord's skull and tusks as armor, bound together by rope and spiked chains. Additional pictures:   WoWWiki-Suzaku (talk) 09:47, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
- His eyes look red, and he somewhat resembles Grom when he succumbed to the Blood Curse in WC3. Wonder if that's a sign? It says the figure's coming out in October, which (assuming it comes out this year) would probably be around Cataclysm time. Interesting. Vund223 (talk) 16:21, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
Garrosh and Gorehowl?
This is a quick question, but does Garrosh know that his father's axe is out there? It would seem like he does not, but I belive that Blizzard should start a quest chain (perhaps) for players to go into Karazhan and obtain Gorehowl for Garrosh. Please leave comments on whether he know of it or your oppions on Garrosh obtaining his father's war axe.