Note: If you feel the need to delete or rename content - please at least have the courtesy to post your reasons for doing so. I will not be watching this page indefinitely, but it did take me a good 3-4 days of working 6-10hrs/day on it, so please don't vandalize it.
Problem: Tons of feral dps guides on several different forums maintained - or not - by one person in each place, who may quit or leave or whatever at any moment. That's a single-point failure and that is bad, cats.
Solution: http://www.wowwiki.com/Feral_Dps_Guide - written in a way that's as accurate as possible for as long as possible, so only small parts here and there need to be updated with new patches, new research, new expansions etc. Which is you don't see any item-specific information like the much-ballyhooed ArPen numbers for softcaps with Needle-Encrusted Scorpion, Grim Toll, Mjolnir's Runestone etc. I won't play for ever and I hope others help update this or move it someplace where other knowledgeable ferals are likely to see and update it for new patches and expansions as needed.
If you know how to embed the viddler version of the video guide, please do so as it's more complete and takes up much less page space. To Do List:
- Feral Cat specs need updating on the other page, shouldn't be too hard.
- Links from other wow wiki pages to here - I have no clue how to do that.
- Formatting all jacked to hell. I just copy/pasted this from my doodlepad on my blog tonight. Will get it looking somewhat decent in a few days. Feel free to do it for me.
- Tables and list formatting desperately needs help. Way too complicated to word-wrap inside a simple table. Too many internal links cluttering it all up. The alphabetical sub-categories need to die, somehow.
- Page is UGLY.
- Feral Spec should be ok.
- Links - still no clue
- Formatting on a table here and there needs work. And the spacing is all weird someplaces. Like in the blue quotes.
- Tried for 20min to get the toc top to line up even right beside the banner head picture. Couldn't do it.
- Astrylian's Sutured Cinch will be dropping in a few weeks or so at which point wowhead/armory will have it, then the wow wiki bot will pick it up. I'm done. OUTTA HERE.Parl2001 (talk) 16:17, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
Feral mobility picture
I also noticed that you removed the wikify tag, one of the tasks in 'wikifying' an article to me is to put things into sections, ie. have each stat in the Stat values section it's own heading. I'm not sure however if you're supposed to have a massive amount of headings that this would bring. Tyriar T C 19:46, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Way too many sections as is imo, but no-one's gonna hurt my feelings if they move stuff around - I personally don't care as long as it's legible. *shrug* Parl2001 (talk) 23:25, January 7, 2010 (UTC)
CB, you've done a hell of a job on this so far. The problem is, it's rather long. I honestly think that some of these sections could be spun off into their own page, with just a paragraph or two on the main page. That way, a new player can just skim this and get what he needs, while a more advanced player can click through on the sections that interest him to get more detail. I'd do up one as an example, but I'm pretty pressed for time right now. --Thefluiddruid (talk) 15:44, January 12, 2010 (UTC)