Do the all of the Dragon Aspects have actual sorcery/wizardry at their disposal? In Shadows and Light it had all the aspects have at least some extra magical ability, Malygos being the most, Deathwing second, and then after that there is no mention in any of the books. But since in the war in Silithus Anachronos (Nozdormu's heir) couldn't have held and sealed the gates purely with Time Magic, is it possible that all upper level dragons have magic power? Just wondering if that's something that could be added to this page or each individual page. jclipps (talk) 03:44, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, they do have classes and magic, yet some admins don't want that on here calling it "game mechanics" or something. Rolandius (talk - contr) 03:54, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- They do. All dragons have magical abilities, the blues being the most skilled. The difference is that the blues are inherently tied to arcane magic while the other flights just use it to their needs. Hence, Korialstrasz is one of the most powerful members of the Kirin Tor while being red, not blue, and why Deathwing was able to create the Demon Soul without being the Blue Aspect and enter the Emerald Dream without being the Green Aspect.
- As for the gameplay thing, the point is that game mechanics don't equal lore, and I fail to see how that has anything to do with Jclipp's question.-- (talk · contr) 16:13, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- So would you say that with these rarely mentioned magical abilities (at least in the case of Ysera, Nozdormu, and Alexstraza) that any Aspect is (in terms of arcane, sorcery, etc. and not their own assigned field of power) magically more powerful than any non-Aspect dragon, including consorts like Korialstraz or family members like Balacgos (Malygos' son)? jclipps (talk) 03:50, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- When the lore refers to dragons as "creatures of magic" then, it is referring specifically to their dragonflight's speciality, not actual magic? I always had the opinion that all dragons have some magic, and some just had more than others (outside the blue flight). For example, I don't think Korialstraz worked up the level he is at now, I believe that he was born with magic, like all dragons, but just had more and fine tuned it over the years, which also means I think he had that power before he became a consort, and Alexstraza just picked him for other reasons. jclipps (talk) 01:19, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
The end of Cataclysm
At the end of Cataclysm it is stated that the dragon aspects lost their power when they defeated deathwing, and are now Mortal. Couldn't they just let Rhonin do what he did with the dragon soul during Day of the Dragon? (Sending all their powrs back to them) Because they lost their powrs by giving them to the dragon soul. And also: Nozdorm has no need to worry becaus he will not turn ino Murozond: He would turn into Murozond because he saw how he would die, wich is in the end-time killed by the players. But since he is Mortal now, he will not live until the end-time. Even if he would, end-time will not come to pass because of the players. One last thing: If Nozdormu lost his powers over time, then he can not return the Dragon soul to the time in wich it belongs wich means Day of the Dragon wll not come to pass, including several other key moments in history. —This unsigned comment is by Arthaban (talk • contribs) 10:17, December 18, 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- As any dragon is actualy mortal... Tyranastrazs (Alexstrazsa´s consort who was killed by Deathwing during first battle of Grim Batol where Rhonin destroyed Dragon soul was actualy older than Alexstrazsa by millenia... died only of malnurishment... he was ill and malnurished (Even if he wasn´t that wouldn´t have helped against Deathwing, but he could live on practicaly infinite time...)
- Dragons die when "their time comes" and they simply feel need to go to dragoblight and die leaving their bones with their ancestors... And no Rhonin could not... Dragon sould returned where it was supposed to be all by itself.
- And well... They may be aspects no more... they are still most powerfull beings on Azeroth with natural attunement to certain levels of power... I doubt Rhonin would outspell Kalecgos (with knowledge Kalec atteined during his "ascention", I doubt there is beeing more attuned to time than Nozdormu... or rest of bronze dragons)Paerigos (talk) 12:12, December 26, 2011 (UTC)