Merge with Paper doll Edit

These two articles refer to the same UI object. The Paper doll article currently has more detail.

I don't like either name, would prefer character window or character sheet.

Character info is a set of information not a UI object. It seems that the author means character window or character sheet

Paper doll seems ambiguous to me, maybe I am misunderstanding. I thought it meant the knight figure that appears when your items take damage, warning you of imminent failure.

Character window is a UI object. This seems to be the least ambiguous term. Anyone capable of playing WoW should know what a window is.

Character sheet is a step removed from the actual UI object, referring back to pen and paper rpgs, but it is the clearest statement of intent for what the UI object is for.

-- Madkaugh (talk) 22:47, 8 December 2008 (UTC)

I think the merge tag is in the wrong place. The character info window or "character sheet" (as Blizzard occasionally calls it on their rare UI notes in patch change notes) is all the stuff in the window, whereas the "paper doll" is really only the 3D rendering of the character itself. The term "paper doll" comes from games that did not show actual renderings of the character as it appears in the game, but a 2D representation that was supposed to update when items changed. So technically, it isn't a paper doll anymore.
If there should be a merge tag, it should be on the paper doll article which should just become a section of character info. I'm moving much of the info on the paper doll article to this article. --Gengar orange 22x22 Fandyllic (talk · contr) 11:48 PM PST 11 Dec 2008
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.