|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||30 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Starfall is a druid ability learned at level 76 for druids that have chosen the Balance specialization. It is a non-channeled Area of Effect spell that hits enemy targets within 40 yards of the caster. Although it does not cause an especially high amount of damage, it is a 10 second buff that does not require player interference, which allows a druid to have it up while casting other spells and abilities. The buff itself cannot be dispelled or spell stolen.
In PvP, Starfall becomes a valuable, albeit dangerous ability; when used against large crowds it can deal massive damage, but also often results in focused attack on the druid.
Modified by Edit
- Balance abilities
- Starfall's effect is suppressed while you are in any way incapacitated, i.e. stunned or feared.
- The starfall buff will be completely removed if you shift into any form other than caster or Moonkin form.
Tips and Tactics Edit
- Starfall can be used on a boss fight to deal additional damage without much if any deficit, as the GCD used to cast the spell will be made up for in the amount of damage it deals, provided you are in range of the boss or mobs for the duration.
- This move should be used very carefully in open world PvP, as the stars will damage EVERY target within 40 yards of the caster, including otherwise non-hostile mobs. Using this in a crowd of yellow mobs will very quickly make you wish this move wasn't even part of your arsenal.
- The above tip is one way to view this ability another is for mass AoE mob killing and pulling. The way to achieve this is the cast Regrowth and Rejuvenation on yourself to keep your health high, activate Moonkin Form for armor, activate Starfall to pull all the nearby mobs and then finally when enough mobs are running to you activate Barkskin and Hurricane. You can also activate Force of Nature prior to activating Barkskin to let the Treants catch running mobs and for some more DPS and also don't use this technique if any mobs can stun/silence you. As a side note a group of 5-6 mobs of equal level in Hellfire Peninsula will die from Starfall and Hurricane so fast you regularly won't need to use Force of Nature.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 6%.
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Starfall now deals 4% less damage.
- Patch 6.1.0 (24-Feb-2015): Starfall damage has decreased by 16.6%.; Starfall and Sunfall now only hits targets affected with Moonfire or Sunfire by default.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Starfall no longer cancels when mounting. However, it can no longer hit stealthed or invisible targets.; Starfall now shares charges with Starsurge, and has no cooldown of its own. It also now hits all nearby enemies (up from 2 nearby enemies).
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Starfall now deals 10% more damage.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Starfall will no longer strike targets that are affected by crowd control effects.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Starfall will no longer strike targets that are not in combat and will now drop stars at a slightly faster rate.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): The damage done by this spell has been significantly increased.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Cooldown reduced to 90 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Instead of canceling shapeshifting, now cancels on shapeshifting into an animal form. Starfall will no longer cause nearby creatures to become hostile for no apparent reason while the Druid is affected by fear effects. In addition, it will no longer pick ambient creatures as targets.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Celestial Focus (Balance) no longer includes Starfall.