|Source information needed!
This method of earning DKP is what's usually meant if DKP is used as a generic term.
Popular reasons to hand out DKP include:
- On-time: at the starting time of the event, all members present receive a reward for punctuality
- Replacement: If a raid member drops out, a readily available replacement receives a bonus
- Duration: At the end of the raid, a reward is given for staying for the duration
- Time spent: For each hour spent in the raid, a certain amount of DKP is handed out
- Boss kill: Each boss killed yields a certain number of points, depending on boss difficulty
- First kill: If a boss is killed for the very first time, an extra bonus is awarded to all participants
- Points for tasks: Some systems expand "raid-related tasks" to include all activity that benefits the guild, like farming runs to acquire potions, runs for learning new encounters or donations to the guild item vault.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.