|Source information needed!
- "It is not yet your time, I shall aid your journey back to the realm of the living." 
A Spirit Healer is an angelic being. Spirit Healers wait within the astral realm / spirit world for those unfortunate adventurers whose spirits will soon join them. These floating figures of death and rebirth return people to life where their spirits stands. They are usually encountered at a graveyard after death. Although it can't be seen while dead, a Spirit Healer has blue skin and white wrappings. Its wings are a paler blue.
For roleplay purposes the Spirit Healer must be ignored as it is simply a game mechanic to make questing easier. A Spirit Healer will not resurrect you each and every time you die. If you have died in a roleplay manner you are considered dead until resurrected via a priest or other class that can do such resurrections. Not every death is recoverable from. If you have been mangled, mutilated, hacked apart, or have no body left you cannot be returned to life. If you are able to be resurrected it will take time for your body to adjust to the shock of having been dead.
For game mechanics, they are able to resurrect players at the cost of 25% durability loss to all items (both equipped and in inventory) at the graveyard where they are found. In addition, if you are resurrected by a Spirit Healer, you will suffer from Resurrection Sickness. As of patch 2.4, players that have the resurrection sickness debuff are worth no honor. This debuff decreases all of your attributes and damage dealt by 75%, and has a duration that varies depending on your level:
- Characters level 10 and under will NOT gain resurrection sickness.
- Characters level 11-19 will gain one minute of resurrection sickness for each level above 10 (i.e. a level 12 character will get 2 minutes and a level 15 character will get 5 minutes).
- Characters level 20 and up will gain 10 minutes of resurrection sickness.
If you run to a Spirit Healer at another graveyard and ask her to bring you back to life she will do so, but the resurrection sends you back to the graveyard at which you originally spawned as a ghost. However, if you log out and log back in, your character loses its association with that graveyard's Spirit Healer, so you will be able to return to life at the graveyard of the Spirit Healer you speak to. Thus, it is possible for a character to die in one zone, reach a spirit healer far away, relog, and resurrect safely at the nearby spirit healer. When relogging the minimap arrow () for the nearest Spirit Healer will also disappear.
Normal Spirit healers do not appear in the Death Knight Starting Zone. They are replaced by Val'kyr Battle-maidens.
- The Spirit Healer's imagery is an adaptation of the archangels from Blizzard's Diablo series; in both cases, the "wings" of the beings are in fact tendrils of energy arranged in a wing-shaped configuration.