|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Talent tree||Marksmanship, Tier 9|
|Hawk Eye, Mortal Shots, Efficiency|
Silencing Shot is a instant shot that deals 50% of ranged weapon damage and Silences the target for 3 seconds.
- An excellent opening shot when fighting against casters in PvP or PvE
- Good spellcasting disruption when combined with Scatter Shot properly
- Great when pulling spellcasting mobs in instances; casters will run towards you when hit with this, allowing you to pull them without being out of their line of sight
- Can be used to pull caster mobs into a Freezing Trap more easily
- Can be an "extra shot" if other shots are on cooldown, although it only does 50% weapon damage.
- Can be used prevent healers from healing when low on health, allowing three seconds for you to strike a killing blow; works especially well against paladins, priests and mages as it also disrupts their ability to use damage shields.
- Does not share a cooldown with any other Hunter abilities
- Although it doesn't silence immune mobs and bosses, it does interrupt them.
- Fairly long cooldown
- Most bosses are immune
- As this is an Arcane-based spell, mobs that are immune to Arcane will be immune to the silence effect (NOT the physical damage)
- Hawk Eye (Survival Talent): Increases the range of your ranged weapons by 2 yards per rank (3 ranks total).
- Mortal Shots (Marksmanship Talent): Increases your ranged weapon critical strike damage bonus by 6% per rank (5 ranks total).
- Efficiency (Marksmanship Talent): Reduces the Mana cost of your Shots and Stings by 2% per rank (5 ranks total).
Patch 2.0.6 (2007-01-23): Silencing Shot now does only 50% of weapon damage instead of 75%.
Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): This spell will now interrupt the current spell being cast on the target and lock out that school for 3 sec if the target is immune to silence effects.