|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Shadowburn is a warlock ability learned at level 47 for those with the Destruction specialization. Only usable on targets with less 20% health, it deals shadow damage, restoring a Burning Ember if the target dies.
Modified by Edit
- Destruction abilities
- If you want to maximize your damage as a warlock in a party, then you should finish the mob using Shadowburn.
- In duels, it is tempting to save the Shadowburn until you are sure that the opponent almost dies. A better strategy may be to use Shadowburn whenever possible, right from the start, as this will result in a higher damage output. However, this also leads to a higher Burning Ember consumption.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Shadowburn no longer generates any mana.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Shadowburn now deals Shadowflame damage, instead of Shadow damage.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Changed. Only usable on targets with less than 20% Health. If the target dies during the duration, all three Soul Shards are refreshed. No longer requires a Soul Shard to use.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Shadowburn: If you cast Drain Soul while this aura is on the victim, you will no longer receive two soul shards upon the victim’s death.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Honorable kills will now generate a Soul Shard when Shadowburn is used.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.