Reckoning (US) »
Bonechewer is a PvP server having game time consistent with the pacific time zone. Initially, it was originally a low population server. When the first ever transfers from Warsong to Bonechewer opened up in early 2005, the server gradually grew from a low population server to a listed medium-to-high population server.
In PvE progression, Bonechewer is predominantly Alliance-sided. When purchasable realm-to-realm transfers opened, many horde individuals transferred off, along with several high-profile alliance guilds intact, including Blacklisted and Eye Candy. Bonechewer at that time was plagued with a long history of server instability and long queue times.
In PvP, Bonechewer is a part of Battlegroup 1.
Bonechewer has the most number of Filipinos in WoW US (other realm with many Filipinos is Coilfang).
This list represents participants of the old honor system who met rank 14.
Ninjakick - 1984 DK (Dishonorable Kills). Highest DKer on both factions.
- November 23, 2004: WoW release date over in the USA.
- November 25, 2004: Bonechewer's Birthdate. It was listed as a low pop server. Credits to History of Azeroth
- December 19, 2004: Asmarr (Horde-Orc/Hunter) was the first level 60 on this server. Credits to History of Azeroth. Photo of Asmarr with his famous Winterspring pure white tiger. He was also famous for often PvPing at TM.
- January 26, 2005: NoV (Night of Vengeance) claims to be the first to have forged the very first UBRS key on the server. NoV cited
- Late February or early March 2005: First Ever 40-man Horde (PUG) MC run. No vent, no CTRaidAssist, accessed MC though BRD. brd to mc entrance photowipe
- March 17, 2005 - May 4, 2005: About the time Warsong (High Pop) to Bonechewer transfer date took place. Low->Medium Pop shift. Elite guilds Vis Maior->VM(A), Mindset(H), Blacklisted(H) transfered from Warsong to Bonechewer. Today's Ruin and Descentia derive from Mindset.
- April 19, 2005: 1.4.0 Patch Active PvP System. Bonechewer's No Hold's Bar PvP day. Lively PvP.
- June 07, 2005: Activated DK System. Death of World PvP on BC.
- June 14, 2005: Three Capital raids over alliance territories. Darnassus, Ironforge, Stormwind Attacked. Master plan of Inso <Blacklisted> I think. The plan was to setup an initial attack by the less organized guilds to setup a decoy attack on Darnassus. Then after a time delay, Blacklisted, Escaper, and other organized guilds would attack SW and IF. There was an estimated of about 2x40=80 to 3x40=120 Horde participants.thread
- July 30, 2005: Woad reaches world wide celebrity status. threadwoad on zg tiger mount
- At around July to September 2005: Salvat, Guild Master of House of Errants, ninja's guild bank. story
- Late August 2005: Blinc becomes the first ever Rank 14 PvPer and HWL (High Warlord) on Bonechewer.
- October 05, 2005: Leica becomes the first Grand Marshal (GM) on Bonechewer.
- October 8-10, 2005: Running of the Bulls Event Headed by Penni photosmovie
- December 21, 05: Chuck Norris pwns Orgrimmar video. thx Darkmech!
- Feburary 10, 2006: Bonechewer opens AQ Gates. Grats Syres LOL! screenshot threadSyres celebrates on bug mount
- March 4, 2006: Planned STV Arena PvP Event.contest rules
- April 26, 2006: Vis Maior is the very first to kill C'thun (on this server).
- June 22, 2006: Global Transfer Dates. Several outstanding guilds and players leave, transforming the social landscape of the server and messing up PvE progression on Horde side. Tindi Losi, EyeCandy, Blacklisted (frm. Advent) transfer out. Æthér (Hordes Best PvE guild disbands), Malevolence (Descentia) renames to Blitzkreig (prominent members leave guild regresses, from naxx to bwl, in PvE progress).
- July 6, 2006: Cryhavoc Kills Both King Magni Bronzebeard and Jaina Proudmoore. proof kingproof janajana proof and participants.
- August 23, 2006: Cross server BG w/1.12 Patch.
- September 10, 2006: 9 Rogue and 1 Druid(Apethres)UBRS success. eXorcist Group. thread w/screenshots
- September 12, 2006: Blizzard plans to upgrade Bonechewer server hardware thread. About time...
- November 14, 2006: VM becomes the first to clear Naxxramas on this server.
- November 21, 2006: Unhappy with Hotty's leadership a number of Novus members ask Hotty to step down. Hotty refuses and says if you don't like the way I run things leave. Approximately 2/3 of Novus does exactly that. Of the 2/3 that left the guild, half of them are taking time off from the game or quit the game entirely. The remaining half formed their own guild called Catharsis lead be former officer Daeneirys.
- December 22, 2006: Cuja, renowned forum troll and probably one if if not the most despised person on Bonechewer due to the inane and often cryptic posts he made, is stalked relentlessly for a three week period by both factions before transferring to Shadowmoon. It is said that a celebration in Stormwind was held with a record breaking number of fireworks being set.
- January 15, 2007: Vortmos of United Strength becomes the first person from Bonechewer to enter Hellfire Peninsula on the new continent of Outlands released with the Burning Crusade expansion; Arinis of ihack, the second person
- December 12, 2007:Illidan casts Gdisband on Novus when Hotty leaves the server.
- December 21, 2007:Qjerky leaves server with Novus disband for Dread of Korgath.
- April 1, 2008:Fitter posts an application to Phi Kappa Derka, of which, anyone who reads it laughs their
- Fight Nights... This used to be a daily community held PvP event on Bonechewer. "Some of the cross-faction goodness include fight nights where players from both sides get together to have one on one or team fights. A few times in the past, players have tried to crash the event and get some cheap kills, but those people quickly become pariahs in the community. What can I say, I like it here. :)" quote from cento.
- VM kills Thrall. No creditable sources, no screenshots or forum post, but generally accepted since they have tried numerous times. Also they have said to killed 3+ faction leaders. CryHavoc (Horde) is said to have done the same. Maybe legends? 1a definition of legend
- PUG Ironforge raid. Melonhorn's Raid Q1 '05. Estimated of about 3x40=120 Horde participants, including tag-alongs. The raid was planned like this. A group of warlocks would descent to a secret room adjacent to where the dwarf king stood proud. These warlocks would start summoning 40 people total to this secret location. A few warlocks were summoned first, then more warlocks. After 40 people have arrived, the signal was given to an outside attack group to setup a decoy attack at the front line. Then the signal was made to attack the king. The king spawns a grip of guards; Because this raid was so massive, Bonechewer gliched and crashed literally. There was a very long-long pause of all the player models before the entire server restarted.
- Death of Cairne Bloodhoof - Credits to Lux Lucis + tag-alongs. Kesulos claims to have solo pulled him in his transfer guild app found here with two attempts to bring down. From the looks of it, they have trailed the Tauren chief from TB to the Theramore docks which is longs way of where he should be sitting. imageimageimageoriginal thread source titled labeled Blacklisted's Raid on UC started 7/3/06. thx Kesulos. In the thread, Samoora claims death "IF King and Stormwind dude" with Tribo (pre-TF Tempestus Fury days) and Nowi "stormwind protector and Darnassus boss" and "druid" boss and "Tyrande". Cen says " Alpha Company and a cpl of more guilds which I dont remember in a 40 man raid, got Sylvanas like long long time ago"...", killed her, server crashed and rolled back...lost all the HKs on that one. "