So you decided to come crawling back, did you? Recovered from your burnout? Tried the rest, now back to the best? Following friends back to the game? Or, your vacation from World of Warcraft is at an end? Whatever your reason, this guide is here for you. Whether you quit after vanilla or sometime before the latest expansion, the changes have been pretty significant all around. Changes for the better? You will have to decide for yourself.
Most of the terminology is the same, but much is new, but likely still familiar.
Several guides to help your return Edit
- New races and classes
- New starting areas
- New quests and farewell to old ones
- New currencies
- Item changes
- New professions and changes
- Travel changes
- Glyphs and specializations
- New grouping options
- New finders, journals, and UI for instances
- Returning players guide/Major interface changes
- Tips for returning players
New classes articles Edit
Read more about the early levels of the new classes!
New races articles Edit
|Playable races in World of Warcraft e|
|Draenei ( Lightforged) · Dwarf ( Dark Iron) · Gnome · Human ( Kul Tiran) · Night elf ( Void elf) · Worgen||Pandaren||Blood elf ( Nightborne) · Goblin · Orc ( Mag'har) · Tauren ( Highmountain) · Troll ( Zandalari) · Undead|
Read more about the new races!
New and changed professions articles Edit
• • • • • • • •
• • — • ( +) • ( -) •
- Although created by BellularGaming, these videos were posted on the official WorldofWarcraft channel.
See also Edit
- Guide for returning players as of Battle for Azeroth
- Not great (some of the advice is dubious), but gives a quick overview...