This mount comes with two vendors: <Traveling Trader> and <Adventurous Tinker>. You can dismiss one or both of them to free up a spot for a friend in your party or raid. The buttons used to dismiss the vendors can also be used to force player passengers off the mount. When the vendors are dismissed, they will not return until the mount is dismissed and resummoned again.
This item can be purchased for 20,000 from the exotic mount vendor Mei Francis in Dalaran. As Mei Francis is a member of the Kirin Tor, this mount is subject to faction discount, making it cost 16000 at Exalted.
This is a very special mount, in the sense that it works exactly like a mountable vehicle. Thus, it is considered a "pet". Due to this, it differs significantly from regular mounts in several ways.
- This mount benefits from Aspect of the Pack's 30% speed increased when used, even faster than when Paladins use Crusader Aura, a 20% increase.
- This mount does NOT benefit from Crusader Aura, as it is considered a vehicle/pet, not a mount.
- When the rider or passengers fall a significant distance, the resulting fall damage is resisted entirely by the mount, the player, and its passengers. No damage is taken. **** This is no longer valid ****
- As it is a vehicle, there is also a 0.5-second boarding animation associated with summoning and dismissing the mount, during which the player cannot move or take any actions.
- While mounted, a player cannot use most spells, abilities, or items that typically dismount the player, even if the option is enabled in the interface options menu. They must first dismount by casting the mount summon spell, using the dismiss option in the right-click menu of the mount's portrait, or removing the buff, before they can take any other actions.
- This mount is like dropping a Repair Bot if the dungeon is outdoors or otherwise allows mounts to be summoned. Even for instances that do not allow mounting, repairing is often needed after repeated corpse runs, where players may be near an entrance anyways, and could simply gather around the mammoth just outside the instance portal before returning inside.
- The vendors that come with the mount are not associated with any reputation faction. Thus, they charge full price for purchased items or repairs, and do not offer reputation-based discounts.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The mount no longer takes damage and can no longer die when falling a great distance. Instead, it resists all damage, and prevents passengers from taking damage as well.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Players can no longer carry the Warsong Gulch or Eye of the Storm flags while passengers on the mount.