Enter the Vault of the Betrayer, then collect the Sigil of Destruction and the Sigil of Brutality.
- Face Gul'dan
However, Gul'dan has found his way through our defenses and is trying to steal Illidan's corpse.
Even in death, Illidan's body can be used by the Burning Legion. Gul'dan CANNOT succeed.
Defeat the brutes, and gather their sigils.
Excellent. Absorb the powers of these brutes, and feel your strength grow!
- Cut scene
- Gul'dan walks up to the massive stasis crystal holding Illidan.
- Gul'dan says: Illidan Stormrage. At last, I meet the great Betrayer.
- Cordana Felsong walks up behind him.
- Cordana Felsong says: So HE is the key to Azeroth's downfall.
- Gul'dan says: Soon. The body is cold, but his soul is not done fighting. We have work to do before he is ready.
- Cordana Felsong says: Hurry, then. The Wardens are coming, with the Illidari in tow.
- Gul'dan says: They ARE desperate.
- Gul'dan works his fel magic, opening a trio of demonic portals. Maiev Shadowsong, Kayn Sunfury, and Altruis the Sufferer arrive.
- Maiev Shadowsong says: Cordana! You will answer to the High Council for this!
- Cordana Felsong says: Judge me all you like, sister, but you cannot stop us.
- Gul'dan, Cordana, and Illidan's body make their way through the portal, but not before Gul'dan summons two large brutes to attack.
- Gul'dan says: You are too late, Warden. This vault will be your tomb.
- Maiev rushes to the portal her enemies vanished through.
- Maiev Shadowsong says: Demon hunters, you have to survive. Find the one named Archmage Khadgar. You can trust him.
- Maiev Shadowsong says: Illidan is still my charge!
- During the ensuing fight, Kayn and Altruis exchange words.
- Altruis the Sufferer says: Just like old times, eh, Kayn?
- Kayn Sunfury says: Do not speak to me of old times, Altruis. You betrayed Illidan. You betrayed us all!
- Altruis the Sufferer says: After ten thousand years of imprisonment, Illidan succumbed to the fel energy within. When he was freed, he was not in his right mind.
- Kayn Sunfury says: He was fighting it, as we all do. He needed us to have faith in him, Altruis.
- Altruis the Sufferer says: I fought as hard as the rest of you! But I did not murder thousands of innocents.
You will receive:
- 47100 XP
- 30 80