We must get this book to Caladis Brightspear immediately. Would you bring it to him? I cannot rely on anyone else to transport the book and you have proven adept at keeping the Sunreavers at bay.
We've been expecting your return. What has kept you?
<Caldais accepts the heavy book and begins leafing through it.>
I knew the symbols on the blade were familiar. The weapon was most certainly forged by the dragons and gifted to one of the mortal races, but which blade is this, and how did it come to rest in Icecrown?
- Caladis Brightspear says: I knew this was a dragonforged blade when I first laid eyes on it.
- Caladis Brightspear says: But can it be? Is this really --
- Lana'thel appears out of nowhere walking up to Quel'Delar from the southwest. The four sentinels and war mages rush to the sword.
- Silver Covenant Sentinel says: You are not welcome here, minion of the Lich King!
- Lana'thel says: Quel'Delar.
- Lana'thel freezes the war mages and sentinels surrounding the sword.
- Lana'thel says: Quiet, fools. If I had wished to kill you, you'd already be dead.
- While Lana'thel speaks, images of what she talks about appear just north of the blade.
- Lana'thel says: As was forged by the dragons and given to the kaldorei, its twin, Quel'Delar was given to my people.
- Lana'thel says: The king bestowed the blade upon my friend, .
- Lana'thel says: But even Thalorien's skill and Quel'Delar's magic could not save Silvermoon from the might of the Scourge.
- Lana'thel says: Thalorien fell before the gates of the Sunwell, buying time for others to escape.
- Lana'thel walks north and kneels down to inspect the image of Thalorien.
- Lana'thel says: After the battle, I recovered the sword from the field. I bore it to Northrend in the service of my prince, seeking to avenge our people's defeat.
- Lana'thel says: Arthas shattered our forces and took the most powerful of us into his service as the San'layn.
- Lana'thel says: My memories of Thalorien went cold and so did his blade.
- Lana'thel says: It was I who brought Quel'Delar here, to return it to its makers. In breaking the weapon, so did I break its power.
- Lana'thel says: Quel'Delar will never serve another!
- The freeze fades and Lana'thel appears to cast some spell on Quel'Delar, disappearing once again.
- Caladis Brightspear says: I vow that the Silver Covenant will see Quel'Delar restored.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Added.
Quest progression Edit
All the quests in this chain have a required level of 80 to accept.