This quest is part of the Hero of the Mag'har quest chain.
- 1 Olemba Root
- 1 Marshberry
- 1 Telaari Frond
- and 1 Dragonspine.
Mother Kashur wishes to speak with you, <Name>. Before this becomes possible, you must collect the herbs required to create a potion that will expand your mind, allowing you to commune with the spirits.
You must gather Olemba root from Terokkar, marshberries from Zangarmarsh, Telaari fronds from Nagrand and dragonspine from the Blade's Edge Mountains. I have written down instructions on this parchment as to the cultivation of these herbs. Return to me when you have gathered the materials.
You are very resourceful, <name>. Our greatest gatherers would have taken twice as long to collect the herbs.
<Greatmother Geyah mixes the herbs into a potion and then places the tincture to your lips, forcing you to drink.>
Do not be afraid.
Provided with this quest is Greatmother's List of Herbs.
- Telaari Frond in Nagrand
- in the water, in the chasm that stretches between Telaar and the Ring of Trials (the Telaari Basin).
- Looks like a patch of grass.
- One location by coordinates: 55,57
- Olemba Root in Terokkar
- Many locations north of the Bone Wastes, but most commonly found west of Tuurem or along the mountains bordering Shattrath.
- Very hard to see, looks like white Earthroot.
- One location by coordinates: 50,30
- Marshberry in Zangarmarsh
- in the Ango'rosh Stronghold.
- Looks like a big red rock or berry.
- One location by coordinates: 18,8
- Dragonspine in Blade's Edge Mountains
- Eastern edge of the Living Grove, or the western edge of Jagged Ridge
- Its easy to see, because its red, where not much else is. May resemble Gromsblood.
- One location by coordinates: 49,71
- Dragonspine in Zangarmarsh
- Along the northern border of Zangarmarsh, directly east of Orebor Harborage.
- One location by coordinates: 47,30
Find Herbs will locate all of these.
Hero of the Mag'har is a quest line available to the Horde only.
These quests must be 100% completed in order to unlock the Hero of the Mag'har quest chain.
Completing this lengthy quest chain (and the prerequisites) will yield the following rewards:
- 340,409 XP (or a 204 84 compensation at level 80)
- 12,210 Reputation with The Mag'har (Not including mobs that were killed and gave reputation)
- 1,200 Reputation with The Sha'tar (Not including mobs that were killed and gave reputation)
- 40 10
- A lengthy cut scene that explains some key points of Orcish lore.
- Several items
- Special note: With the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, the final two quests ( and ) were removed. Once is completed, Thrall will arrive from the east after a few minutes.