- Rescue the Skyguard Prisoner
Hail, <name>. I thank you for coming to my aid.
Let's get out of here, while we can.
Thank you for rescuing one of our scouts, <name>. We lose good people every day and there aren't enough new recruits to replace them.
The is a broken locked in a cage in one of three veils in Skettis, each with a similar layout. Once you release him from the cage, he starts walking slowly towards a bridge. He crosses the bridge to the other platform, and then heads down the ramp to the ground. That's it, that's the whole quest. You can expect to see 1-2 mobs at the start, a patroller on the bridge, 1-2 mobs on the second platform, and 2 at the bottom of the ramp. Those can be cleared before starting the quest. While halfway down the ramp, 2 more will spawn out of thin air and attack.
One strategy that works well is to check the General channel for others looking for the quest and form a party of at least three. Then have one person camp the each of the three spots where he might appear. When he does appear, everyone comes to that location and triggers the quest. This way is very easy since three people can easily handle the mobs and patrols, and every one gets credit for the quest rather than competing for the same mob.
At some point during the escort, a pair of will spawn and attack the prisoner regardless if the route has been cleared or not. Each pair spawns at a static point depending on which prisoner you are escorting: s
- Spawns on the second treehouse at midway between the connecting bridge and the downwards ramp while the Skyguard Prisoner nears the end of the bridge.
- Spawns at the end of the connecting bridge while the Skyguard Prisoner is at the center of the bridge.
- Spawns midway up the exit ramp while the Skyguard Prisoner is near the top.
With this in mind, it's possible to prepare for the spawns, usually by setting traps.
Released from cage:
- Skyguard Prisoner says: Thanks for your help. Let's get out of here!
Skettis Wing Guard pair killed:
- Skyguard Prisoner says: Let's keep moving. I don't like this place.
Mobs cleared at the bottom of the ramp and quest complete:
- Skyguard Prisoner says: Thanks again. Sergeant Doryn will be glad to hear he has one less scout to replace this week.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): The daily quest Escape from Skettis has had its reward tuned down.
Unstable potion rewards removed. Gold reward only, and 150 rep gain instead of 350
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): The 2x was increased to 3x.
- Patch 2.2.0 (25-Sep-2007): Quest rewards changed from 11 99 to 9 10.
- Patch 2.1.2 (2007-06-19): Quest rewards changed from 3x or 2x to 2x or 2x.