Quest givers Edit
The following NPCs offer this quest:
- <Grand Champion of the Undercity>
- <Grand Champion of Thunder Bluff>
- <Grand Champion of Orgrimmar>
- <Grand Champion of Sen'jin>
- <Grand Champion of Silvermoon>
I've heard that the Alliance champions are seeking after ancient blades for their warriors. We can't afford to let them have that kind of advantage.
There's an old legend from Grizzly Hills about a maiden cursed with a frog's form to protect the blade she has long guarded. She lives among the lake frogs on the shore of Ashwood Lake, just east of Ashwood Post. The only thing said to break the curse is a kiss, freely given. Apply this balm before kissing anything, <name>. Otherwise, you'll catch warts.
Were you able to recover the blade?
So the tales were true? This blade should be enough to best anything those Alliance entries can come up with.
- Ashwood Lake is just to the east of Ashwood Post, which is itself to the southeast of Grizzlemaw and southwest of Camp Oneqwah in south-central Grizzly Hills.
- Friendly Lake Frogs roam the lake. Apply the , then blow a
/kissto one. Reapply balm as necessary to avoid getting debuffed with "Warts!"
- Players will eventually get lucky and find the Maiden of Ashwood Lake, who immediately spawns saying "Can it really be? Free after all these years?"
- The following gossip text then takes place:
- I thought I'd never be free from that terrible curse. You have my gratitude, stranger.
- Glad to help, my lady. I'm told you were once the guardian of a fabled sword. Do you know where I might find it?
- Take it with my gratitude, <class>.
- After 15–30 seconds, the Maiden will despawn saying "And now, I must return to the waters of the lake."
- It took 15-20 /kiss until she appeared for me.
Useful Macro Edit
To make this a little easier, try this macro:
/use Warts-B-Gone Lip Balm /target Lake Frog /kiss
Get close to a Lake Frog and hit this macro. Note - this will target the nearest Lake Frog. The frog will eventually disappear, but if you don't want to wait for that to happen, add /cleartarget to the end of your macro and move closer to another frog.
Quest progression Edit
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (15 seals at 5 per day)
- Players will be offered one of these quests based on their race:
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (25 seals at 5 per day)
After completing "", the following quests open up allowing players to repeat the valiant stage of daily quests (steps six and seven) for the other factions with which they have not yet earned the right to champion:
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Added.