|Presence of Mind|
|Casting time||Instant cast|
Presence of Mind is a mage ability available at level 22 for those with the arcane specialization. When activated, it causes the next spell to be instant. Presence of Mind does not function with Polymorph, Teleport, or Portal spells.
- After activating Presence of Mind, a buff appears indicating the next cast will be instant. This buff will remain indefinitely until the effect is used. The cooldown will not begin until this current buff is consumed.
- Activating this ability does not trigger the global cooldown.
Tips and tactics
- Presence of Mind is used mainly to achieve burst damage.
- Once Presence of Mind is activated, the next instant spell can be cast while on the move, where it would normally require the mage to stop and cast. Thus, it can be used to cast large nukes while jumping or falling.
- Patch 6.1.0 (24-Feb-2015): Presence of Mind can now be applied to Polymorph spells.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Presence of Mind is no longer a talent, and is now learned by only Arcane Mages.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Minor update.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): When Presence of Mind was active, Conjure Mana Gem was not becoming an instant cast spell if used to refresh a stack of 2 or less Mana Gems. This has been fixed.; Presence of Mind is no longer consumed when Flame Orb is cast.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Arcane Power and Presence of Mind now share a category cooldown. Arcane Power causes a 15 second cooldown. Presence of Mind, once consumed, causes a 1.5 second cooldown.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Presence of Mind: The cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes, (down from 3.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.