|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|This article concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
- Goal: reward progression at max level
- So, leveling to get cool stuff, then at 80 it all stops.
- Third type of glyph: ancient glyph
- different than class glyphs
- themed for the titans
- not at all part of inscription
- not class specific - no "rogue path"
- Titan cults have sprung up - cataclysm a time of great upheaval, zones changing, people urning to new forms of power, after learning about titans in Ulduar more info choose to align with cults, unlock, progresss down get new ancient glyph sockets, new ancient glyphs
- Earn ancient glyphs through archaeology at 85 use arch to trade crap into the cults to get glyphs
- each path has 2-3 choices of ancient glyph per rank
- glyphs redesigned to show ability changed. Outside the class glyphs is the ancient glyphs, unlocking ranks at level 85. Not level 10 starting at cataclysm release.
- Examples: battle hardened:
- Bleed/stun effects by 20%
- Medic: bandages heal +30% or fortification: nearby allies take -10% for 6 sec/5m cooldown
- Breakthrough - +damage dealt by 10% after ac rit
- Important: everyone eventually gets all their ancient glyphs
- think raid progression: hardcores get it now, casuals later.
- goal: gated, not grindy
- catch up mechanisms important
- New ranks over time
- patch note: "Now you can reach rank 5"
- might introduce new paths in content patches
- say, 3 paths in 4.0, new path in 4.1...
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.