|This article documents API changes made in patch 5.4.1.
← API change summaries
- GetCVar("realmName") appears to have been removed, returning nil. Can use GetRealmName().
- In patch 220.127.116.1188: Added support for common GlueXML and FrameXML code has moved some files and dependencies to 'SharedXML' folder in the game data, and changed the load paths for several elements. This change went live with patch 18.104.22.16845, which is in the current set of 'live' client patches as of patch 22.214.171.12488.
- In patch 5.4.8, calling SetUIVisibility(false) is now "protected". Setting 'true' is still not protected. 
- In 126.96.36.19998 patch (currently through game version 18019) is a XML element case error in common file SharedUIPanelTemplates.xml for UIPanelGoldButtonTemplate, where 'OnMouseDown' and 'OnMouseUp' are actually spelled 'OnMousedown' and 'OnMouseup'.
- Changes to support Connected Realms
- For those still unaware, the Blizzard WoW AddOn Kit are no longer updated. See notes on Interface AddOn Kit for notes on using the console to extract the files locally.
- Patch 5.4.1, almost no official API change posts this time. See Wow Interface for community discussion and summaries on any Patch 5.4.1 API changes.
- Patch 5.4.8, mention of securing SetUIVisibility(false) .
Coalesced and Connected Realms
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.