|This article documents API changes made in patch 5.4.1.
← API change summaries
Breaking Changes Edit
- GetCVar("realmName") appears to have been removed, returning nil. Can use GetRealmName().
- In patch 22.214.171.12488: Added support for common GlueXML and FrameXML code has moved some files and dependencies to 'SharedXML' folder in the game data, and changed the load paths for several elements. This change went live with patch 126.96.36.19945, which is in the current set of 'live' client patches as of patch 188.8.131.5288.
- In patch 5.4.8, calling SetUIVisibility(false) is now "protected". Setting 'true' is still not protected. 
- In 184.108.40.20698 patch (currently through game version 18019) is a XML element case error in common file SharedUIPanelTemplates.xml for UIPanelGoldButtonTemplate, where 'OnMouseDown' and 'OnMouseUp' are actually spelled 'OnMousedown' and 'OnMouseup'.
- Changes to support Connected Realms
Important Notes Edit
- For those still unaware, the Blizzard WoW AddOn Kit are no longer updated. See notes on Interface AddOn Kit for notes on using the console to extract the files locally.
Blue Posts Edit
- Patch 5.4.1, almost no official API change posts this time. See Wow Interface for community discussion and summaries on any Patch 5.4.1 API changes.
- Patch 5.4.8, mention of securing SetUIVisibility(false) .
Coalesced and Connected Realms Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.