- See Pandaren (playable) for info on the playable race in Mists of Pandaria.
Pandaren Primer Edit
- Huo = "fire"
- Chinese: 火
- PinYin: huǒ
- Shu = "stream"
- Chinese: 抒
- PinYin: shū
- Wugou = "dirt"
- Chinese: 污垢
- PinYin: wū gòu
- Dafeng = "gale"
- Chinese: 大风
- PinYin: dà fēng
- Huojin = "fire and gold"
- Chinese: 火金
- PinYin: huǒ jīn
- Tushui = "earth and water"
- Chinese: 土水
- PinYin: tǔ shuǐ
- Shao'din = "clan", could mean roughly "recruited into" in Chinese
- Shodo-pan = Roughly scion/emperor,  but could mean roughly "Is more than hope" in Chinese
Untranslated words Edit
Pandaren naming practices are similar to those of humans: each pandaren has a given name and a surname. The names themselves, of course, are different.
- Male Names: Chen,, Cheng, Gao, Jaomin, Ji, Jojo, Jun, Lee, Li, Min, Shang, Shen, Ten, Yu, etc.
- Female Names: Aysa, Kiryn?, Lien-Hua, Mei, etc.
- Asian surnames: Fei, Ro, Wei, Xi, etc.
- Descriptive surnames: Barrelbottom, Bitterrage, Cloudsinger, Dawnscrive, Dimwind, Ironbrow, Palerage, Steelbreath, Stonecarver, Stormstout, Sugargale, Summerdraft, Sunspark, Thunderhammer, etc.
In Legion EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
In Mists of Pandaria EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Although pandaren were capable of speaking their own language, cross-faction communication was not allowed.
- Although the original pandaren seemed to have a Chinese theme (since pandas come from China), some of the early names and words seemed to more to resemble Japanese words. With the Mists of Pandaria beta, Blizzard seems to have gone more directly to Chinese, but retained a few of the older names.
- ^ a b Dark Factions, pg. 16
- ^ a b c d e f Anne Stickney 2012-04-04. Mists of Pandaria beta: A guide to pandaren pronunciation. WoW Insider.
- ^ Manual of Monsters, pg. 76
- ^ Translate.Google.com of 招 进 tzao jin ("recruited into")
- ^ Manual of Monsters, pg. 80
- ^ Translate.Google.com of 是多盼 shiduo pan ("Is more than hope").
- ^ a b Manual of Monsters, pg. 78
- ^ beta
- ^ a b Chen Stormstout
- ^ Bryan Star 2016-08-28. 'World of Warcraft: Legion': Blizzard Discusses Mechanics. Inquisitr.com.