|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
- Were you looking for the naval mission currency called ?
A type of liquid substance item produced by Alchemists and Enchanters. Oils serve sometimes as an ingredient for Alchemy recipes, sometimes may be used as a potion, or applied on another item to provide a buff.
Large pools of this highly flammable substance are found far beneath the surface of the sea. Special Platforms must be constructed in order to drill deep enough into the ocean floor to get at this sticky, black substance. Dark oily patches, created by small geysers that form on the ocean floor and spew modest amounts of oil the into the surrounding waters, serve as a beacon to Oil Tankers hunting for the rich black liquid. Although Oil is commonly used in the construction and powering of ships, it has been utilized in the development of both experimental flying craft and extremely powerful weapons. ( A portion of the large salt flat, )Shimmering Flats is actually a rich source of oil. The goblins have ventured to the basin in great numbers to collect and refine the "black gold." ( Oil is one of the main ingredients used in the production of )phlogiston, a substance used to run technological devices.
Alchemical buffing oils:
- Frost Oil, 200
- when applied to a melee weapon it gives a 10% chance of casting Frostbolt at the opponent when it hits; lasts 30 minutes
- Fishliver Oil (quest reward - cannot be created)
- increases your attack speed by 10% for 30 seconds; cooldown is five minutes
- Oil of Immolation, 205
- does 50 fire damage to any enemies within a 5 yard radius around the caster every 3 seconds for 15 seconds
- Oil of Olaf (drop - cannot be created)
- Increases armor by 50 for one hour
- Shadow Oil, 165
- when applied to a melee weapon it gives a 15% chance of casting Shadow Bolt III at the opponent when it hits; lasts 30 minutes
Enchanting buffing oils: