|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
Obliterate is a death knight ability learned at level 58 for death knights with the frost specialization. It allows the death knight to deal high damage, while giving a chance for and to be cast free.
Obliterate is a staple ability in the arsenal of frost death knights. Like a few other death knight abilities, Obliterate uses a percentage of weapon damage, and therefore packs a bigger punch with a 2-handed weapon.
Modified by Edit
- Frost specialization
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 10%.
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Obliterate damage has increased by 20%, but deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Obliterate now deals 25% more damage on both main and off-hand weapons, but no longer deals additional damage for each disease present on the target.; Obliterate's damage has been increased by 30%.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013): Obliterate now deals 250% weapon damage (up from 230% weapon damage).
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Obliterate base damage has been reduced to 150% weapon damage, down from 160%.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This ability will no longer sometimes fail to do additional damage based on diseases on the target.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Bonus damage for diseases now increases damage done by a percentage rather than a flat amount.