Floating above the Plaguelands, the necropolis known as Naxxramas serves as the seat of one of the Lich King's most powerful officers, the dreaded lich Kel'Thuzad. Horrors of the past and new terrors yet to be unleashed are gathering inside the necropolis as the Lich King's servants prepare their assault. Soon the Scourge will march again... NOTE: This instance will be included in the patch "Shadow of the Necropolis".
- Level: 60+
- # of Players: 40
- Location: Raid instance located above the ruined city of Stratholme in Eastern Plaguelands
- Abbreviation: Naxx
- Coming Soon: 1.11
Due to Kel'Thuzad fighting a war against:
- the Scarlet Crusade and their demon puppet-masters,
- the Argent Dawn,
- the Forsaken, who are stealing ghouls to transform into independent, sentient soldiers, and
- the humans of the Alliance intent on avenging the dead of Lordaeron.
as well as constant incursions of adventurers from every race and nation into the Scourge-controlled Plaguelands on a daily basis, his forces have been severely taxed to maintain the security of his necropolis. But soon the gates of Naxxramas will open, and Kel'Thuzad's new forces will be poised to sweep away all opposition to the Scourge.
Road to Damnation
Blizzard has posted a short backstory to Naxxramas on the official site: Road to Damnation
Like Blackrock Depths and Blackrock Spire, Stratholme contains a green raid entrance deep in the instance, in the square with the Slaughterhouse. This will presumably be an entrance to Naxxramas. As attunement quests and alternate entrances were added for both the Molten Core and Blackwing Lair, it is likely the same will be done for the necropolis. According to current information attunement will be through purchasing a key from Argent Dawn.
The requirements for attuning to Naxxramas will depend on your reputation with the Argent Dawn:
At Honored, the following is required:
- 60 Gold
- 1 Righteous Orb
- 2 Nexus Crystals
- 5 Arcane Crystals
- 30 Gold
- 1 Arcane Crystal
- 2 Nexus Crystals
Attunement at Exalted is free of charge.
Nax. attunement information resources:
Resistance: Frost, Shadow and Nature
According to the information form PTR (public test realm), the beginning parts of 3 of the 4 wings (plague, spider and abomination) are in fact rich in Nature damage. This is good news for players who built up their Nature Resist gear in Ahn'Qiraj.
Players will very likely need a lot of Frost resistance to fight the final bosses in Naxxramas. Kel'Thuzad is a lich, and all liches use a lot of powerful Frost spells. One boss in perticular, a frostwyrm called Sapphiron, is confirmed to be Frost based. Frost Resist gear has proven to be rather scarce thus far, so it will be difficult to gear up for these fights. It is rumoured that new armor recipes for frost resistance gear will become available for purchase from the Argent Dawn and the Hydraxxian Waterlords.
Shadow should be the third major resistance required. Scourge Death Knights and Necromancers use powerful Shadow magic, and it is likely that Kel'Thuzad will have Shadow spells as well. Shadow Resist gear can be found scattered throughout various instances, so this shouldn't be a problem.
Naxxramas is structure like a giant wheel. Players enter at the centre of the Necropolis, and then choose 1 of 4 wings to progress through:
- Plague Wing - This wing is likely Nature Resist intensive, as players will have to deal with various Diseases. Creatures known to populate this wing include bats, gargoyles, bog beasts, slimes, and ghouls. The final boss is Loatheb, some sort of fungal monster.
- Spider Wing - This wing is also likely Nature Resist intensive, filled with nasty spider poisons. Players will, of course, deal with loads of spiders, as well as crypt fiends. The final boss is Maexxna, the giant spider.
- Abomination Wing - This wing is filled with abominations, of course. It is likely to be the most physically intensive wings, as abominations are known to hit rather hard. The slimes there deal heavy nature damage too. The final boss is the Frankenstein-esque Thaddius.
- Death Knight Wing - This wing is loaded with Death Knights, known for their combination of powerful Shadow magic and raw melee skills. The final bosses are the Four Horsemen.
The way Naxxramas is laid out will allow players to fight through just one wing of the instance, and then circle around an outer ring to fight the final bosses of the other wings without the need to clear them.
From some information available at them moment it seems you have to thaw runes, much like you dowse flames in Molten Core, to be able to gain access to the Final Chamber. You have to beat the last boss in each wing to progress up the tower. Once you beat all four wings, you get a chance to fight Sapphiron. After you beat Sapphiron you unlock the top where you can fight Kel'Thuzhad.
- A map from BlizzCon how Naxxramas looks like: Necropolis Naxxramas instance
- Map for Atlas: Here
- Large size map: Here
- Map for Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad: Here
- Abomination Wing
- Deathknight Wing
- Spider Wing
- Deathknight Wing
- Frostwyrm Room
- Kel'Thuzad Chamber
Naxxramas will include the Tier 3 raid set.
List of all Naxxramas items drop on PTR, can be found here on WoWWalkthrough
Test Realm Vendor
Jimmy McWeaksauce is in the center of Naxxramas. Jimmy sells the following items and is generally a cool guy:
Free Repairs(This feature has since been removed from Jimmy on the Public Test Realms.)
Free Res sickness removal(This feature has since been removed from Jimmy on the Public Test Realms.)
- Spell reagents
- Tome of Tranquilizing shot
- Rogue poisons
Jimmy McWeaksauce is only a PTR feature to aid raids testing the instance and will be removed on release.