- See also: Wailing Caverns NPCs
Naralex is a druid who discovered the existence of the Wailing Caverns. Naralex intended to use the Wailing Caverns to bring back the Barrens' beauty and lushness. However, once Naralex connected with the Emerald Dream something went wrong and the Wailing Caverns changed into a monstrous environment. The Disciples of Naralex transformed as well into the evil beings known as the Druids of the Fang. Naralex still lies asleep in the deeps of the Wailing Caverns connected to the Emerald Dream. Only with help can the last uncorrupted Disciple of Naralex, Muyoh, awaken him.
Naralex is a very talented Archdruid who shares a dream with a handful of other druids to restore life to the desolate Barrens. Along with an elite team of druids assembled under Fandral Staghelm in the events of the novel Stormrage, they made an effort to rescue Malfurion Stormrage from the Emerald Nightmare imprisoned by the Nightmare Lord.
CataclysmThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Naralex seems to have finally fixed his alarm clock in a way and is now a quest giver in the northern most part of the Southern Barrens.
- Naralex yells: I AM AWAKE, AT LAST!
- Disciple of Naralex says: At last! Naralex awakes from the nightmare.
- Naralex says: Ah, to be pulled from the dreaded nightmare! I thank you, my loyal Disciple, along with your brave companions.
- Naralex says: We must go and gather with the other Disciples. There is much work to be done before I can make another attempt to restore the Barrens. Farewell, brave souls!