Moths are flying insect beasts with powdery wings.Most species of moth are nocturnal, but there are also crepuscular and diurnal species. Blue Moths are magical denizens of Azuremyst Isle who are rumored to have healing abilities. Red Moths are a native to the Eco-domes of Netherstorm, and were created by wild magical energies when released into the domes. Ashwing Moths are used by jinyu assassins as a decoy and a light source to pinpoint weak spots in their enemy's armor. Skywisp Moths are a strange species that have been found interrupting the spells of nearby mages or warlocks.
Hunter pet Edit
|Specialization (upon taming)|
|The Moth eats|
|The Moth comes with|
|All pets come with|
Though hunters can respec their pet moths into Cunning or Tenacity, they are inherently Ferocity. In addition to the abilities that come standard with all pets ( and ) and those given to their natural or retrained specialization, all moths are given the following:
The subspecies below can be tamed by hunters. Draenei hunters start with a moth.
- Blue and yellow
Vanity/Battle pet Edit
- Obtained via pet battles
- Ashwing Moth (Timeless Isle)
- Amber Moth (Townlong Steppes, Dread Wastes)
- Crimson Moth (Northern Stranglethorn, Cape of Stranglethorn)
- Flamering Moth (Timeless Isle)
- Forest Moth (Teldrassil, Darnassus, Ashenvale, Desolace, Moonglade)
- Fungal Moth (Deepholm)
- Garden Moth (Jade Forest)
- Gilded Moth (Vale of Eternal Blossoms)
- Grey Moth (Azuremyst Isle)
- Luyu Moth (Krasarang Wilds)
- Oasis Moth (Uldum)
- Silky Moth (Moonglade, Un'Goro Crater, Mount Hyjal)
- Swamp Moth (Swamp of Sorrows)
- Tainted Moth (Felwood)
- Purchased from vendors
- Obtained through professions
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Bonuses equalized. Damage had a +10% bonus and now has +5% bonus. Armor had no bonus and now has a +5% bonus.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Become tamable.