- Not to be confused with Redirect.
|Casting time||Instant cast|
Misdirection is a hunter ability learned at level 42. It redirects threat caused by the hunter onto a friendly target for the next 8 seconds. Transferred threat is not permanent, and will fade after 30 seconds.
Modified by Edit
- The target of Misdirection can remove their buff.
- This is a highly recommended skill for instances and considered essential for raids. It allows the hunter to execute difficult pulls for the tank. It can effectively add threat for the tank both at the pull, as well as during the middle of a long fight if used repeatedly.
- If Misdirection is used to pull groups of linked mobs, all mobs will go onto the target of Misdirection even if they were not hit.
- Note that is not affected by Misdirection.
- Works great on AoE pulls to be used with , solidly anchoring the trap aggro onto the main tank.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Redesigned. Instead of having finite charges, it now begins a 4-second timer when the hunter using Misdirection performs a threat-generating attack, during which all threat generated by the hunter goes to the friendly target. In addition, multiple hunters can now misdirect threat to the same friendly target simultaneously.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): This spell will now always be removed correctly if multiple Hunters overwrite each other’s Misdirection.; If a Hunter attempts to use this ability on a target which already has an active Misdirection, the spell will fail to apply due to a more powerful spell already being in effect. This will not trigger the cooldown or cost any mana.
- Patch 2.1.2 (2007-06-19): Fixed bug with Misdirection where sometimes only two attacks were redirected instead of three.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): "Misdirection" will now redirect the threat from "Distracting Shot".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.